South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Calamari stuffed with mushrooms and shrimps
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This recipe sounds really, really nice Cubbie. Will have to hunt around for the ingredients and give it a go.

Could I ask you to share your recipe for calamari stew as well?

Icecub

Bushbaby....

i must confess i have tasted it in restaurants before but this recipe i did steal from another site....Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Bushbaby....

i must confess i have tasted it in restaurants before but this recipe i did steal from another site....Wink

No worries, I do that a heck of a lot. Got some really good ones as well. I like seafood but it is quite literally a journey of an hour or more to get to the fish markets that sell quality produce.

Ash

I'm going to try this recipe out on pay day - it sounds absolutely delish! Drool......
Cub that sounds awesome. I will definetly try it very soon.

Yummmmmy
When you go to your fishmonger, ask him for ILEX ARGENTINUS or LOLIGO VULGARIS

It might take a little while for him to source it in.. but it's THE best you can eat Wink
I also love calamari and have finally got hubby temted by it too, I must say that I never ever thought of stuffing it, but this looks absolutely scrummy - I must give it a try. Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
When you go to your fishmonger, ask him for ILEX ARGENTINUS or LOLIGO VULGARIS

It might take a little while for him to source it in.. but it's THE best you can eat Wink

Were I to do this, I would probably be sworn at and thrown out of the fishmongers... Most of the pimply kids working in there couldnt tell cod from haddock, let alone figure this out...
Quote:Originally posted by Bushbaby
Were I to do this, I would probably be sworn at and thrown out of the fishmongers... Most of the pimply kids working in there couldnt tell cod from haddock, let alone figure this out...

Find another fishmonger then Smile

any DECENT fishmonger should be able to source the fish that you require, especially if you give them the Latin name for it Wink