South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Braised Lamb Shanks - comments
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Icecub

so cheffie does this serve 14 ppl or how many??? i personally find lamb shanks rather large...can u get smaller ones though??
I might try and cook that for my parents on Saturday night. Or a roast. What would youy guys reccomend..... They have never tasted my cooking b4 as I have only really just started cooking myself

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by chickie
I might try and cook that for my parents on Saturday night. Or a roast. What would youy guys reccomend..... They have never tasted my cooking b4 as I have only really just started cooking myself

chickie...do try something simple like roast chicken, u can not go wrong with that...
ok I will do. I have cooked a roast chicken a few times b4 so i know what to do... Thanks
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
so cheffie does this serve 14 ppl or how many??? i personally find lamb shanks rather large...can u get smaller ones though??

Cubbie

As the recipe suggests.. it's for 14 people Wink (unless Flyingbok and pals are over for dinner Big Grin )

I suggested lamb, perhaps you've been using MUTTON in previous recipes?

Check with your butcher if need be
:chef:

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Cubbie

As the recipe suggests.. it's for 14 people Wink (unless Flyingbok and pals are over for dinner Big Grin )

I suggested lamb, perhaps you've been using MUTTON in previous recipes?

Check with your butcher if need be
:chef:

will check...

as for the 14 ppl....men eat more than 1 shank....Rolleyes i hve never made lamb shanks...only bought from Tescos Finest, Waitrose and Marks & SpencerBig Grin
if you feel the quantities are too much, just half the ingredients. Smile

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by angelbabe
if you feel the quantities are too much, just half the ingredients. Smile

yes i will......but i still think lamb shanks are large though.....like me for one...i do not eat much.....:laugh:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
will check...

as for the 14 ppl....men eat more than 1 shank....Rolleyes i hve never made lamb shanks...only bought from Tescos Finest, Waitrose and Marks & Spencer: D

Well please don't give the supermarkets this URL Rolleyes ...

would hate for them to find a real gem of a recipe Smile