South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Receiving "large" e mails.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been trying to retrieve the latest e mails sent to me & one of them must be very large as its taking forever to download. Is this because I am on "dial up"? Luckily I haven't been disconnected from the internet & hopefully I will eventually get the large e mail. Been on line now for just over an hour & still waiting for it to come through.
I know some of you might say change from "dial up" but this is all I have right now. It's very frustrating.
:bashpc: :wall: :mad:
Curio Wrote:I have been trying to retrieve the latest e mails sent to me & one of them must be very large as its taking forever to download. Is this because I am on "dial up"? Luckily I haven't been disconnected from the internet & hopefully I will eventually get the large e mail. Been on line now for just over an hour & still waiting for it to come through.
I know some of you might say change from "dial up" but this is all I have right now. It's very frustrating.

Unfortunatly that is probably what is taking so long. I remember those days when friends use to send us pictures and it would take hours to download. Another option is to ask the sender to zip the file it might go a little quicker
Curio Wrote:I have been trying to retrieve the latest e mails sent to me & one of them must be very large as its taking forever to download. Is this because I am on "dial up"? Luckily I haven't been disconnected from the internet & hopefully I will eventually get the large e mail. Been on line now for just over an hour & still waiting for it to come through.
:innocent: wonder who the sender is.......
Hi Curio

I don't know if this will help, but do you have a "webmail" account like say Yahoo. I have such an account and you can set it up to read your regular ISP emails online. (I found it useful when on holiday in SA to read my UK emails) Anyway this way you can see who/where its from. Then with another little program that I have also used is called "Popcorn". It can read in text only mode your emails online before you download them and then is very handy for deleting emails that you don't want or need to download. This could be used to blow away your unwanted emails.

If you surf the Freeware Software libraries there are many such programs that can intercept emails before they "jam" up your system and Inbox.

Unfortunately you're stuck between a rock and a hard place if this email is blocking your system. Even if you stop downloading it, each time you log in again it will be the first in line waiting to be downloaded. So that means you don't have any way we can send you any software by email unless you have another account which would get you out of trouble. Even trying to sign up now would present you with a problem because they would be sending you your access password or ID to your normal email address so you can log into their system. I suppose it's to check you out as there are so many scams going on they don't want to sign people up with "Fake" addresses.

If you want more information and help just PM me and I'll see what I can do to help you.

:luck:

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Thank you very much for the replies. It's all fixed up now. I contacted my ISP & they told me to go to "my account" where I can view the e mails, the size of them, who they are from etc & also be able to delete them from there too. The size of the large one that I couldn't retrieve last night was 236658. I appreciate your replies offering me help & advice, thanks again.
(Penelope, received your e mails & it wasn't any from you).