South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Ibs
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was diagnosed with IBS when I was 12, but was lucky enough not too suffer too badly with it. Unfortunately in the last couple of years it has been getting worse and worse and I stopped going out, as drinking and rich food is a bad combination and after finding myself ill in pubs and at friends houses I just thought that I couldn't do it anymore.

Just before Christmas I read in a magazine about this stuff called silicol gel. It is basically a natural substance that your body produces and aids in digestion. It can also be used to improve nails, hair and skin (including acne sufferers).

Initially I have only been taking it on weekends, as this is when I'm at my worst and this stuff has completely changed my life around. I don't get any indigestion or stomach cramps. Drinking alcohol no longer causes nausea and vomiting and I just feel so much better for it.

So if you suffer from, IBS, indegestion, skin problems or would like to re-generate nails and hair, give this stuff a try. It's not that cheap (£6.99 a bottle - lasting around a month) but it is worth it Smile

I found this website http://www.silicol.com/index.html which has all the info and details about some research they carried out on the stuff etc.

Icecub

Elsra......thanks for this...i suffer terribly with IBS...not a joke at all......it is awful...have to watch what i eat and drink.....not lekker...thanks for the site .. will look it up.....

how long have u been taking it????

i am so keen on this now......Smile
Excuse my ignorance but what is IBS?
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Elsra......thanks for this...i suffer terribly with IBS...not a joke at all......it is awful...have to watch what i eat and drink.....not lekker...thanks for the site .. will look it up.....

how long have u been taking it????

i am so keen on this now......Smile

I been taking it since Christmas, but only on the weekend. Now that I found this website and I know that it has a whole load of benefits, I am going to take a spoonful before my evening meal during the week too.

The actual gel doesn't have any taste, but the texture is not so good, it's got like this little chrystals in them. It says on the bottle to dilute in juice if you don't like it, I tried this and didn't even notice I was taking it.

Cubbie, it really works, even hubby is happier that he doesn't have to see me in agony from indegestion or stomach cramps.
Quote:Originally posted by dudette
Irritable Bowel Syndrome Smile

spastic colon ... i think thats what it used to be called :haha:

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by elrsa
I been taking it since Christmas, but only on the weekend. Now that I found this website and I know that it has a whole load of benefits, I am going to take a spoonful before my evening meal during the week too.

The actual gel doesn't have any taste, but the texture is not so good, it's got like this little chrystals in them. It says on the bottle to dilute in juice if you don't like it, I tried this and didn't even notice I was taking it.

Cubbie, it really works, even hubby is happier that he doesn't have to see me in agony from indegestion or stomach cramps.

bought the bottle on Friday.,....disgusting texture...but hopefully will work for me....Wink
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
bought the bottle on Friday.,....disgusting texture...but hopefully will work for me....Wink

You do get used to it, I just take the spoon and I push it right to the back of my mouth, so it doesn't even get a chance to move around in my mouth. I also keep it in the fridge as it stops it from getting dried out and chrystalfied.

Hopefully you should find things getting better every day from now onwards. Smile

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by elrsa
You do get used to it, I just take the spoon and I push it right to the back of my mouth, so it doesn't even get a chance to move around in my mouth. I also keep it in the fridge as it stops it from getting dried out and chrystalfied.

Hopefully you should find things getting better every day from now onwards. Smile

have only had it once so far...i have tummy ache due "my time" and therefore nauseous so will wait until over then take again....Smile