South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Die Uitgespoeldes - Dalene Matthee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This book was released after Dalene Matthee's death and it is definitely not one of her best books - Kringe in 'n bos and Fiela se kind will always stay my favourites.

However this book made me think - it is about people who does not fit itno the society around them but in the end they do find piece and a purpose in the life they choose to lead.

I think that is incredibly fitting for all the people who choose to leave South Africa to build a whole new life in a new country. You do know that you are a stranger but you embrace the new and honour the old.

A good quick read - I finished the book in an afternoon when the weather was bad on vacation.
Do they only have this book in Afrikaans, cause I would enjoy reading it in English (my Afrikaans is not that good !) - I have 2 of her books I managed to find before I left SA in English and that is Circles in the Forest and Feila's child.

Just had a look at Amazon and wow Circles in the Forest is going used from the USA from £21.00- £85.00 WOW !! :yikes: and Feila's Child is also available £5.99 ... great to see some of the write ups, all so positive. :thumbs:
It is available in english - they brought the book out in both languages together. However I can not remember the name now at all.

I'll go and have a look in the bookshop tomorrow and post the name here.

Wow I can not believe that her books can be that expensive secondhand. Maybe we should buy some in SA and send it to the UK and make a nice little profit!