South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Help needed with Winzip
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've no idea what I am doing wrong, I just can't figure it out...

How do you get Winzip to compress directories and sub-directories ?

I have a CD with loads of files in loads of directories that I want to compress and also make into one file so that I can attach it to a mail it as I don't want to attach hundreds of files....
Are you not able to put everything into one folder and then compress that folder?

Unfortunately, I use 2 or 3 different types of Zip and not winzip

The one I use allows to add to archive, which I believe would mean adding all the different folders into one zip

Yes [??]
No :bigcry:

Everything is in one folder but it insists that I do each file seperately. What are the other zip / archive programs ?
Jangar Wrote:No :bigcry:

Everything is in one folder but it insists that I do each file seperately. What are the other zip / archive programs ?
Jangar

If you are using Winzip, then with Explorer highlight all the relevant folders and files you want to zip. Right click these files and a drop down menu will appear, select winzip and a further menu will appear. Select where you want to "Zip" the files to and away you go....................

Hope this helps.

HH

:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Thanx HH,

I'll try that when I get home Smile
Where you were selecting your file, you can try selecting multiple files with Ctrl/click (or a range of files with shift/click)
Ade Wrote:Where you were selecting your file, you can try selecting multiple files with Ctrl/click (or a range of files with shift/click)

I tried that but it didn't work... I lie it did work for the files but not folders :mad:

I found the folder and right clicked on it and one of the options in the menu is zip and send email... :duh:

How easy can it get ? :wall: :rofl: :chorus: :bashpc:

Thanx HH :thumbs:
ROFLMAO
:crylol: