South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Jimswin.......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
When last did you have raclette ?

Smile
About three weeks ago our Lodger ' Rodger' had a visitor from the Mud Isle ( Actually taffy land)
and we introduced her to the delights of Raclette... It went down really well because She is a Vegetarian too.

We are going to have a lot of raclette evenings this winter as it gets really cold up here Confusedad: :cold: ( minus 24 last year) and it is really a festive meal!!! :thumbs:
My 13year old has been on to me for weeks now......wants to know when we'll be having raclette.....he enjoys making up his own concoctions.
jimswin Wrote:About three weeks ago our Lodger ' Rodger' had a visitor from the Mud Isle ( Actually taffy land)
and we introduced her to the delights of Raclette... It went down really well because She is a Vegetarian too.

We are going to have a lot of raclette evenings this winter as it gets really cold up here Confusedad: :cold: ( minus 24 last year) and it is really a festive meal!!! :thumbs:
Oi

That is my "island"..............the TAFFY one

you make me so peckish...

:p
We like it, the only down side is that the cheese itself is a bit niffy. and the aroma tends to linger in the house for a day or two despite opening all windows for a good airing the next day.

Still its one of those meals that feeds the eyes ( what do they say ' the first bite is with the eye'?) before you actually sit down to eat.

And always festive!!! :hooray:
jimswin Wrote:We like it, the only down side is that the cheese itself is a bit niffy. and the aroma tends to linger in the house for a day or two despite opening all windows for a good airing the next day.

Still its one of those meals that feeds the eyes ( what do they say ' the first bite is with the eye'?) before you actually sit down to eat.

And always festive!!! :hooray:

We don't eat raclette cheese anymore on account of the smell....we use Port Salut instead...great difference in price as well..
penelope Wrote:We don't eat raclette cheese anymore on account of the smell....we use Port Salut instead...great difference in price as well..

I started to use Port Salut too Penelope.... think you told us about in a few months ago.... could even be last year Wink

The last one we did was more meat and veggies with little cheese.... it was quite good.

:blom:
I am not familiar with this type of chees, will have to look for it in the market next time we visit.

The only thing I dont like about Raclette is that I have nightmares and toss and turn because my digestive system goes i8nto overdrive with what I feed it....... Or could it be the added effect of copious draughts of red wine I consume to try to dissolve the cheese?? :duh:

To quote Rodriguez....... 'I wonder' :p
jimswin Wrote:I am not familiar with this type of chees, will have to look for it in the market next time we visit.

The only thing I dont like about Raclette is that I have nightmares and toss and turn because my digestive system goes i8nto overdrive with what I feed it....... Or could it be the added effect of copious draughts of red wine I consume to try to dissolve the cheese?? :duh:

To quote Rodriguez....... 'I wonder' :p

A little while ago I had Raclette with Dutch friends... I couldn't believe my eyes when I saw what he fed himself with.

The Dutch also makes pancakes in the little pans. In between the meat and the cheese he had pancakes and syrup too... and at the end he polished everything that was left off. Poor guy.... don't think he slept well.

:blom:

Only 6 to go me thinks Wink
Hee Hee, methinks you are helping me along here..

The idea of a sweetie raclette sounds good to me, our daughters of 17 and 14 would love something like the pancake idea with loads of gooey stuff on... come to think of it does not sound bad to me either. Blush