South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Reading Around the World
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi Everyone,

Well the weather for reading and curling up with a book has certainly arrived. I see the most popular part of Reading Around the World poll - is choosing your own books. So I am going to go ahead and suggest a country I hope you will join us and let us know what book you have decided to readÂ…and by the end of the month what your boook was like. Our first country is Italy.

The book I have chosen to read is, Delicious by Nicky Pellegrino
Delicious' is an irresistible saga about the enduring love affair between Italy and England, about three very different generations of Italian women, and an old kitchen in Campania which binds them all together.

Hopefully this will be a warm, rich booked filled with lots of Italian flavour !

So what will you be reading centered in and around Italy ?
Anyone reading something from Italy ?

:mmm: Was the country choice wrong ... :mmm:
I am interested in reading The Girl with a/the Pearl Earring... what is your opinion... is it worth it?
dudette Wrote:I am interested in reading The Girl with a/the Pearl Earring... what is your opinion... is it worth it?

Oh yes definately worth a read - Tracy Chevalier's novels are good and this one really gives you a good insight into Dutch History - If you enjoy historical novels which are well written then this on is for you ! It is an easy read ... come back and let me know what you think when you have read it.
Ah Sorry, I thought it was based in Venice! Blush

What other books could you recommend which are based in Italy?
dudette Wrote:Ah Sorry, I thought it was based in Venice! Blush

What other books could you recommend which are based in Italy?

:haha: if you are looking for Venice how about The Merchant of Venice, just kidding !

Um, books in Italy - if you try the library you could try some of these:

The food of love by Anthony Capella (this one comes highly recommended - I have not personally read it)

The broker by John Grisham

Tuscany for beginners by Imogen Edwards-Jones

The City of Falling Angels by John Berendt

Vanilla Beans and Brodo: Real Life in the Hills of Tuscany by Isabella Dusi (got this one on my bookshelf - not read yet!)
And don't forget the Da Vinci Code Big Grin (just thought of it now!)
da vinci code was most enjoyable, going to read the other books by dan brown
yep was thinking of Dan Brown - thought most folks would have read The Da Vinci Code - but if you have not yet - then join us in Italy for some reading - no pasta required! :mmm: Although a real Saffer pizza would be nice