South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: The Fourth Trivial Pursuit and Fact or Fiction catch up thread
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Let's start with a trivia question Smile

What did a crude chalk drawing of a top hat on a building or sidewalk signify to a wandering hobo during the Depression era? How about a drawing of a cross?
A top hat meant "kind gentlman lives here".... a cross indicated "religious talk will get you a meal here."
penelope Wrote:A top hat meant "kind gentlman lives here".... a cross indicated "religious talk will get you a meal here."

:thumbs:

Other symbols included a circle, which warned "nothing to be gained here"; and two half moons, which indicated "free meal".

Fact or Fiction

The oldest team sport in history is polo.
I say fact Smile
fact from me as well

Historians can't be sure of the actual date of polo's origin, but they agree that the sport began in Persia and later spread to Tibet, China and Japan. Warriors played polo as a form of war training. The game was also played by royalty and high-ranking officials.

Which (U.S.) state has the shortest Atlantic coastline?
Jangar Wrote::
Which (U.S.) state has the shortest Atlantic coastline?

New Hampshire??
Curio Wrote:New Hampshire??

Its coastline is about 13 miles long. Florida has the longest Atlantic coastline, 580 miles.

The Budweiser ad campaign introduced during the 1995 Super Bowl featured lizards.
I guess fact
then I'll guess fiction