South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Mac enthusiasts and findi's...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
:worthy:

I have recently (one week now) become the very proud owner of the very new iMac G5 with integrated iSight,etc... and am LOATHE to download anything at all with microsoft's horrible viruses,etc.

I am a complete newbie when it comes to Mac I have used them only in fleeting moments while confirming changes made in Windows still work on a Mac but never really got into them so I am after advise from anybody out there who knows Mac's

My initial questions may seem trivial but I guess part of me is a bit on the busy side to read all the manuals,etc:

1. How do I copy and paste? My normal shortcut keys dont seem to work! I have noticed I can drag and drop stuff if say moving pictures from the www to Apple Works equivelant of Word.

2. Is there anyway I can download MSN without the requirement to install explorer? or can I use the iChat but still chat with family back in SA who only have MSN?

Those are my two burning issues at present but as I dont use the computer very much due to studies and other family commitments I can wait.

Oh just thought of another one...

3. I have some really high resolution photo's I took on holiday with my 7.2 megapixel camera which I cannot seem to convert into smaller size. I am using iPhoto when I downloaded them but I dont seem to get the option to reduce the size say as you would if you were emailing pictures?

Anyway any help (not look here at http://www.apple...etc) would be very welcome.

phew!
Sorry I can't really help. I don't know if JPEG Optimizer works on an Apple but it is great program for reducing the size of pictures...