South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Bread Machine
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I have been trying to bake bread for ages...always failed so one of my Xmas presents was a bread machine.

I have been baking one every other day every kind possible!!!

This can not be good for you, I am piling on the pounds.

Anyone else have a bread machine?
Does anyone haave healthier recipe versions I can use????

Ash

I'd like to get one, nothing like freshly baked bread!

So it's really worth it then birdie?
My wife has had one of these for a couple of years now. They are great. At first we had freshly baked bread nearly every day. Now it is more like once every 1-2 weeks. When we do it makes the wait worthwhile.

The best thing for me, not being the "cook" is that smell of fresh bread in the house. It gets all the gastric juices going once I get the whiff of it. Can't wait 'til it cools down enough to start eating. It beats any bread you have to buy, be it from the bakers or supermaket.

Scrummy!!!!! Wink

HH
Confusedunny:
Quote:Originally posted by Ash
I'd like to get one, nothing like freshly baked bread!

So it's really worth it then birdie?

YES!!!

It is worth it, you can get one cheap, I got the Anthony Warhole (spl?) one and it is brilliant, on weekends I set it so that it is ready when I wake up in the morning...(makes me get out of bed a bit earlier)

It is very filling though, just like a plaasbrood!!
Only one slice and you are full nothing like supermarket bread where you can eat 3 slices.
Quote:Originally posted by Hampshire Hog
My wife has had one of these for a couple of years now. They are great. At first we had freshly baked bread nearly every day. Now it is more like once every 1-2 weeks. When we do it makes the wait worthwhile.

The best thing for me, not being the "cook" is that smell of fresh bread in the house. It gets all the gastric juices going once I get the whiff of it. Can't wait 'til it cools down enough to start eating. It beats any bread you have to buy, be it from the bakers or supermaket.

Scrummy!!!!! Wink

HH
Confusedunny:

Yeah I hope that I stop baking them so often..I am so getting fat.
Did you ever bake the walnut and honey bread??
We bought a bread machine around Christmas and we could not stop eating fresh bread.

People at work even asked me to bake some for them.

The biggest advantage for me is that I pack my lunch now because we have fresh bread in the house and it is so much better than the store bought stuff. So I'm actually saving money.

I won't know about the added weight because I'm on a new training programme and I'm actually losing cm's.

the best recipe I've tried is the Chocolate (milk and white) and macadamia nut loaf.

Ash

Judging by all the good feedback, I think I will invest in a bread machine!

At work last night, I saw a recipe book for different breads... eg. sundried tomato and sunflower seed bread.... DROOL!
Judging by all the good feedback, I think I will invest in a bread machine!

At work last night, I saw a recipe book for different breads... eg. sundried tomato and sunflower seed bread.... DROOL!

Yeah I got a big recipre book....sundried tamoto , olive and basil bread are luuurvly...

I also use it to do my vetkoek dough in...works like a bomb

Ash

Quote:Originally posted by birdie
Yeah I got a big recipre book....sundried tamoto , olive and basil bread are luuurvly...

I also use it to do my vetkoek dough in...works like a bomb

Yum....imagine eating sundried tomato, olive and basil bread with cold meats and salads on a hot summers day.... Big Grin
Yum....imagine eating sundried tomato, olive and basil bread with cold meats and salads on a hot summers day.... Big Grin

YeahBig Grin

Just get out there and buy yourself the machine, you will not regret it honestly.
Pages: 1 2