South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Pink Floyd
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
How many Pink Floyd fans do we have here? I'm busy having a Floyd evening. There is something about their music that hits one deep within the soul. What is your favourite song or album?
Quote:Originally posted by Venus
How many Pink Floyd fans do we have here? I'm busy having a Floyd evening. There is something about their music that hits one deep within the soul. What is your favourite song or album?

Has to be Dark side of the moon......followed by Wish you were here.
Then again, the P.U.L.S.E. recording was excellent though has anybody noticed the video version has a track that is not on the CD.

We had a similar evening planned...the idea was to play the music videos through a video projector onto a wall, and the sound through some pretty good HIFI equipment.....the poor mans concert but we just never got that far.
Quote:Originally posted by spam
Then again, the P.U.L.S.E. recording was excellent though has anybody noticed the video version has a track that is not on the CD.

We had a similar evening planned...the idea was to play the music videos through a video projector onto a wall, and the sound through some pretty good HIFI equipment.....the poor mans concert but we just never got that far.

I also think that Pulse is excellent, especially when played at full volume with headphones. Cool I love Dave Gilmore's voice. I've not seen the video version so can't comment on that. Your evening sounds like a great idea! I hope you do get to have it sometime.
Quote:Originally posted by spam

You took the words right out of my mouth here Spam,

Does any one know that Alan Parsons actually produced the dark side of the moon album?

Money, followed by
Shine on you crazy diamond ( a tribute to Syd Barrett ( spl sorry)

Which song did the words 'cold as a razor blade come from' ??

An album I did not find that exciting was animals
Quote:Originally posted by jimswin
Money, followed by
Shine on you crazy diamond ( a tribute to Syd Barrett ( spl sorry)

Which song did the words 'cold as a razor blade come from' ??

An album I did not find that exciting was animals

One Of My Turns (from The Wall)

[ oh my god, what a fabulous room!
Are all these your guitars?
This place is bigger than our apartment.
Uh, could I have a drink of water?
Ya want some? huh?
Oh wow! look at this tub!
Wanna take a bath?
WhatÂ’re you watching?
Hello?
Are you feeling ok? ]

Day after day,
Our love turns gray,
Like the skin on a dying man.
And night after night,
We pretend itÂ’s all right,
But I have grown older,
And you have grown colder,
And nothing is very much fun, anymore.
And I can feel,
One of all my turns coming on.
I feel,
Cold as a razor blade,
Tight as a tourniquet,
Dry as a funeral drum.

Run to the bedroom,
In the suitcase on the left,
YouÂ’ll find my favorite axe.
DonÂ’t look so frightened,
This is just a passing phase,
One of my bad days.
Would you like to watch tv?
Or get between the sheets?
Or contemplate a silent freeway?
Would you like something to eat?
Would you like to learn to fly? -- would ya?
Would you like to see me try?
Ooohh. no!
Would you like to call the cops?
Do you think itÂ’s time I stopped?
Why are you running away?
I got a nice collection of MP3 s from a guy at work and have a selection of Floyd playing while I am on line. ( downloaded 30 Gig of songs, a complete mixture ... 300 hours worth )

Will slug down some red wine in a while...... to keep the music company Big Grin.. Excellent
Quote:Originally posted by jimswin
I got a nice collection of MP3 s from a guy at work and have a selection of Floyd playing while I am on line. ( downloaded 30 Gig of songs, a complete mixture ... 300 hours worth )

Will slug down some red wine in a while...... to keep the music company Big Grin.. Excellent

Jim, that is a perfect way to spend an evening - enjoy! :thumbs: Big Grin

DEFINITELY Wish You were Here, followed closely by Shine on You Crazy Diamond ... mmmmm ... I have the coolest music playing in my head now, thanks Venus! :hartlik:
Oh yeah - and Comfortably Numb ... Cool
Pages: 1 2