South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: IFA Programmes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Dear Mcamp,

I have decided to send you the original programmes, as I have decided finally to do a major clean up of old files and records. I hope they bring you as much memories and enjoyment that they brought me.

Perhaps it will give you the necessary impetus to restart the IFA thread that brought us back to gether again albeit in the cyber world.

I have placed them in three envelopes and will post tomorrow.

All the best for 2006.

Bro
Malcolm I had a long chat to George Cox the other evening when he phoned to wish us a Happy Christmas - must have spent at least an hour discusing the old NFL and our memories including a few of Cape Town City etc.
Bro

Cheers for that, will have a chat with forum and get them scanned on to the system. Will then work a way of developing a thread.

Rob, remember George Cox very well, wasn't a great favourite with the Cape Town City fans. Also remember him touring the Ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn where I worked as a guide for a while, convinced him to ride the ostrich and he fell off Smile
No worries Malcolm,

Posted them on 31st, lets see how long they take to get to you on mud island!!

Hey this year we Swiss are going to the World Cup!! unfortunately it wil not be like the IFA days but it comees close!

Regards

A.
Probably not : "Independent Financial Consultant" , pray ?
Ray Wrote:Probably not : "Independent Financial Consultant" , pray ?

LOL absolutely nothing to do with finances nor consulting and defeinetly not independent!! or elike defunct.

IFA was the International Football Association where people like Mcamp and myself amongst other here on the forums kicked the heck out of each other every Sunday on the Green Point Common in Cape Town.

Enjoyable Sundays that I will forever hold as a special memory. :rip:

PS: IFA not IFC or am I missing something
IFA , in U.K. , would usually stand for : Independent Financial Adviser
( FSA regulated , hopefully ,
not that that helps very much , with the likes of Equitable ...and other life companies there ! ), O.K.?
Good luck with the sports , anywayz ,
R.
mcamp999 Wrote:Also remember him touring the Ostrich farm in Oudtshoorn where I worked as a guide for a while, convinced him to ride the ostrich and he fell off Smile

I wonder, did you know Mark (Wally) Morrison? He was also a tour guide out there, and a pretty good footballer too! (I think he was cousin to my schoolmate Glen who played for Western Privince and Scotland)

Ade
bro Wrote:IFA was the International Football Association where people like Mcamp and myself amongst other here on the forums kicked the heck out of each other every Sunday on the Green Point Common in Cape Town.
And out in the sticks at Brooklyn? (Portugal/Italy)
Ade Wrote:I wonder, did you know Mark (Wally) Morrison? He was also a tour guide out there, and a pretty good footballer too! (I think he was cousin to my schoolmate Glen who played for Western Privince and Scotland)

Ade

I didn't know Mark as a guide, but certainly knew him as he played for Marist (as did Glen who also went to junior school at Marist Cape Town and was at school with me there).