South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Help and thoughts!!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I have been given a goose over Christmas and am going to be cooking that this afternoon.

But

I have never cooked one of these before.

Does anyone know what it tastes like?

Does anyone have any cooking tips for Goose?
lol mcamp..... you will have to Google the goose me thinks.

Have never done that.... will have a look in my recipe books.

Sterkte!

:jive:
Pronkertjie Wrote:This looks like a great recipe....

MMmm Will try using some of those options!!!! yes

Just concerned about what it will taste like really, as duck isn't a favourite of mine and I think it might be similiar..
mcamp999 Wrote:MMmm Will try using some of those options!!!! yes

Just concerned about what it will taste like really, as duck isn't a favourite of mine and I think it might be similiar..

I think a goose has more fat than a duck..... of wat praat ek alles :donald:

Pronkertjie Wrote:I think a goose has more fat than a duck..... of wat praat ek alles :donald:

I will report back after tonight, thy are blooming expensive though!! I see the cost price of this one was £35.00 for 4 kilos
...and : do savour the fat , it is very healthy !
In Gascony , where they use a lot of geese and their fat , the good health and longevity of "zem les frogz" are legendary...
( We usually prepare a big goose : similar to a turkey , slow oven & keeping it moist...)
...bon Appetit!
Hope it all turns out great.
Enjoy!
mcamp999 Wrote:I have been given a goose over Christmas and am going to be cooking that this afternoon.

But

I have never cooked one of these before.

Homer don't talk..uhhmmm.....ahhhhh.........uhmmmm....nonsense.
I've seen you cook your goose plenty of times in the sports section Wink remind me agian how many runs ms smith has got on this tour!!!! :rofl:

:high:
mcamp999 Wrote:I will report back after tonight, thy are blooming expensive though!! I see the cost price of this one was £35.00 for 4 kilos

How'd it turn out?

Personally have neither cooked nor tasted goose before (apart from the liver, fat and foie gras) so am quite interested.

I hope you reserved the fat, rendered it down slowly and then clarified it for later use in cooking - great to make confit with etc.