South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Book Swaps......
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Icecub

As books can be expensive and if u guys are like me, i plough thru as many as 3 on a slow month...Wink we can swap books and if anybody wants to give them away....that is fine too.....

People interested in sharing a book or books with the club can do so by contacting me, on here or via PM. I will then post up the name and author of the book, and invite submissions of interest from members.

Is anybody interested so we can gauge how many want to take part and get going on this??????

Feel free to ask questions-should anything not be clear to you.
I'd love to but due to the price of 'English' books here in Denmark (add between 80% and 180% on to the price you pay) I am not willing to part with my treasures.... Sorry Sad :bigcry:
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
As books can be expensive and if u guys are like me, i plough thru as many as 3 on a slow month...Wink we can swap books and if anybody wants to give them away....that is fine too.....

People interested in sharing a book or books with the club can do so by contacting me, on here or via PM. I will then post up the name and author of the book, and invite submissions of interest from members.

Is anybody interested so we can gauge how many want to take part and get going on this??????

Feel free to ask questions-should anything not be clear to you.

Hi there
We were considering having a sort of English Book exchange here in Belgium seeing that there is an enormous english speaking community. In South Africa they were very Popular but are the English also as keen to exchange books, Mags and even Comics. What do you think?
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
I'd love to but due to the price of 'English' books here in Denmark (add between 80% and 180% on to the price you pay) I am not willing to part with my treasures.... Sorry Sad :bigcry:

Probably a stupid idea but if you had someone who could send you second hand books by post would it still be expensive for you? You send the person the title and author and he sends it to you. In exchange you send second hand Danish books.

In my area there are many Danish people working so if not why not

Icecub

Hi Didier,

Worth a try but not many of us want to read in Danish as we do not talk the lingo as yet...but i think hang around and we will see what becomes of this hey??Smile Smile

Icecub

anybody else interested.....???

i am going to catalogue my books today and make a list.....if u interested please let me know..either here or pm..Smile

cheekiladi

I certainly wish I could participate but just too far..and still no postage deliveries here. h:bigcry: I try to buy a few each time I fly and then borrow from fellow internationals hereSad

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by cheekiladi
I certainly wish I could participate but just too far..and still no postage deliveries here. h:bigcry: I try to buy a few each time I fly and then borrow from fellow internationals hereSad

that is pity...or else you could have benefited from loads of books i have...Smile

Icecub

okay guys...give me your names and what books u have to swap..so we can compile a list and then swop......Smile
Do you want us to post our list here?
Pages: 1 2