South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Robbie Savage continues
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Well, I for one am not a fan of Robbie Savage, however he was tackled from behind on 2 occasions by Allan Smith which has left marks at the back of his legs, surely with video evidence Smith should come under scrutiny in the same way Essien of Chelsea, did?

Or is ot one set of rules for the foreign players and another for the homegrown?

Then lets see if braided hairmon Rio will get into trouble for giving Robbie a clip while walking off the pitch

and to think .. I am not a fan of the Savage

Smile
TheDuck Wrote:Well, I for one am not a fan of Robbie Savage, however he was tackled from behind on 2 occasions by Allan Smith which has left marks at the back of his legs, surely with video evidence Smith should come under scrutiny in the same way Essien of Chelsea, did?

Or is ot one set of rules for the foreign players and another for the homegrown?

Then lets see if braided hairmon Rio will get into trouble for giving Robbie a clip while walking off the pitch

and to think .. I am not a fan of the Savage

Smile

I couldn't agree more... But then gain, Savage doesn't play for Man U does he Wink
and if ever there is a player who needs a clip it is Robbie Savage

:haha:

just ask Gregg
TheDuck Wrote:and if ever there is a player who needs a clip it is Robbie Savage

:haha:

just ask Gregg

Don't get me started with that idiot SAvage!!! :curse:
I loved it when Dion Dublin headbutted him....it was just a shame he didn't do a proper job!! :o

Savage always seems to start the trouble and tends to get away with it. He gives it out but can't take it!!

Didn't see the game last night (I was playing footy myself) but saw Rio giving him a clip as they went off at half time. (probably deserved it)

Alan Smith is certainly not squeaky clean himself and I'm sure some of his challenges would have been premeditated. Not defending him (Smith) but Savage riles and irks players to do things that they wouldn't normally do.
Here we go again the anti United Brigade!!

Graham Poll had a very indifferent game as a referee and should have booked Smith the first time, but having not done so he left himself wide open.

However in saying that, the referee from the First Leg at Blackburn, should have resolved the Savage/Smith 'battle' in that game, but did not, as a result it boiled over to Old Trafford.

With regard to Rio giving Savage a cuff around the ear it was for all to see on TV, therefore if the referee never saw it, then the FA should act.

As regards Savage, talking to one of our Premiership referees a couple of weeks ago, he was telling me that there are a few players in the Premiership that are "on the edge" the whole game with their remarks to opposing players - not enough to get them booked, but enough to wind players up. I mentioned a few names to him, including Savage and he just raised his eyebrows and smiled.
Oom Rob Wrote:Here we go again the anti United Brigade!!

Rob look at the smiley next to the comment it was tongue in cheek Smile
No it was not

Wink
Oom Rob Wrote:Here we go again the anti United Brigade!!

Graham Poll had a very indifferent game as a referee and should have booked Smith the first time, but having not done so he left himself wide open.

Rob...I agree with you that a lot of peoples views are swayed because they are anti United and they are therefore not objective.

I didn't see the game...but Graham Poll is one of the better referees around.

Heaven help us if Steve Bennett has reffed that game.......he has absolutely no feel for the game, doesn't understand players and in all likelihood the game would have deteriorated into farce!!