South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Tinned Caramel
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I was out shopping in Sainsbury's this afternoon and found tinned ready made caramel !!! Glad to say the UK has finally caught up ! I know a lot of Saffer's like to use this - so hope you find some :thumbs:
nikkinaz Wrote:I was out shopping in Sainsbury's this afternoon and found tinned ready made caramel !!! Glad to say the UK has finally caught up ! I know a lot of Saffer's like to use this - so hope you find some :thumbs:

thank you thank you

I will be off to my local sainsbury's to find some yummmy
and if you cant find any, could always make your own, just palce tin in a pot of water on the stove and let it boil for appr. 1 hour, then you have caramel......it does the trick.
Big Grin
330kitten Wrote:and if you cant find any, could always make your own, just palce tin in a pot of water on the stove and let it boil for appr. 1 hour, then you have caramel......it does the trick.
Big Grin

Perhaps 3 hours unless you're doing it in a pressure cooker Wink
Cheffie Wrote:Perhaps 3 hours unless you're doing it in a pressure cooker Wink

Thanks Cheffie.......just took a guess on time.......hubbie normally makes it so just assumed it couldnt take all that long Wink