South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Problems with internet explorer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
For some strange reason on our main pc our internet explorer is not working. As soon as you click on the icon to launch IE it come up with

"Internet Explorer has encounted a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Initially we thought we had a virus ran both sophos and norten anti virus with no joy. Any idea's without have to reinstall windows etc.
Quote:Originally posted by lols
For some strange reason on our main pc our internet explorer is not working. As soon as you click on the icon to launch IE it come up with

"Internet Explorer has encounted a problem and needs to close We are sorry for the inconvenience."

Initially we thought we had a virus ran both sophos and norten anti virus with no joy. Any idea's without have to reinstall windows etc.

Havnt got any answers for you lols......just to say it has hapened to me over the past couple of days....especially yesterday:mad:

Gave up in the end and just closed it all down....seems to be fine now though!!!!
thanks suep but we have tried that its it does not work. Luckily we can still access the net through this machine but its not the the cool machine.
Well I feel proud I have sorted the problem out all by myself
Well I feel proud I have sorted the problem out all by myself

Well done lols......You want to tell me what the problem was, incase it happens to me again Rolleyes
Lols - please share Big Grin
Quote:Originally posted by suep
Well done lols......You want to tell me what the problem was, incase it happens to me again Rolleyes

I still don't know what the problem was but I installed Mozilla which is another web browser and now it works well.

Suep Mozzilla is slightly different to IE but still does the same job. I need to work out how to unblock pop ups now.
Quote:Originally posted by Jangar
Lols - please share Big Grin

Who knows just installed Mozilla instead of IE:thumbs:
Who knows just installed Mozilla instead of IE:thumbs:

If you want to try a real "Cool" Browser you could always try the free version of Opera.

Checkout their website at http://www.opera.com/ for a free download. I've been using it for sometime and have been able to stop all Popups. The free version has a very discreet advert in the top right hand corner, but it doesn't affect surfing at all.

HH
:thumbs: Cool