South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Online Book Discussion....
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Icecub

Right...book discussion here....

What books would u ppl like to discuss here??

I have just finished Martina Cole "The Know"

Has anybody read it???

What did u think of the book????
I read it about 3 months ago.

I thought it was a really good book. I only have about 3 or 4 of her books, and I think it's the best so far...
Sorry never heard of her or the book Sad
Is that the one where the prostitutes little girl dissapeared?

I was really impressed with the first book I've read but after that they all kind of blend together because it is all just a variation on the same theme, much like John Grisham.
Quote:Originally posted by Surita

I was really impressed with the first book I've read but after that they all kind of blend together because it is all just a variation on the same theme, much like John Grisham.

Not a fan of John Grisham then? Smile

Same theme, different Story though.

Icecub

yes...she has written some stunning stuff.....i love that sort of crime fiction....Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Cee
i have to agree with you here - the first time i read a m.cole it was a real page-turner but i also found them to be a case of 'read one and you've read them all' - much the same as Virginia Andrews aswell.

Most authors are like that - Wilbur Smith as an example. But people find a theme that they like, and they stick to it. I do get bored of it sometimes, though, and end up looking for new authors...
Lots of writers does stick to one theme - however I have found that Bryce Courtenay has the ability to weave a tale about basically any country and period in history. I absolutely love his books!!! I can not believe that I've only discovered his books about a year ago.

Used to be a big fan of John Grisham's but now I just find all his books the same and kind of boring.
Lots of writers does stick to one theme - however I have found that Bryce Courtenay has the ability to weave a tale about basically any country and period in history. I absolutely love his books!!! I can not believe that I've only discovered his books about a year ago.

Used to be a big fan of John Grisham's but now I just find all his books the same and kind of boring.

Everyone is raving about Bryce Courtenay, megtinks I will have to get some of his books. Is this the same guy who wrote the story about the boy in boarding school, The Power of One?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
Everyone is raving about Bryce Courtenay, megtinks I will have to get some of his books. Is this the same guy who wrote the story about the boy in boarding school, The Power of One?

yes he is.....

i have all of them and they are excellent...am currently reading his last book...Four Fires.....

The Potato Factory is first,
then Tommo & Hawk,
then Solomon's Song,
he has also written Jessica, Tandia and Smokey Joe's Cafe....
Pages: 1 2