South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What school did you go to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
Junior and Middle school - International School of the Sacred Heart - Tokyo, Japan
High school - Willowmoor High School - Benoni, South Africa

My two older brothers were CBC boys - but not in CT, Boksburg....
You have had an interesting upbringing Spacegirl.
How did you land up in Japan?
Lucas Meyer Primer (Vryheid)
Pionier Hoerskool (Vryheid)

pixie and ndluvo what years where you in vryheid?
John01 Wrote:You have had an interesting upbringing Spacegirl.
Unfair question, you should ask her parents...........

:p :p :p :p
CBC Green Point, CT( As Cheffie says "The one with a sea view")
Gill College, Somerset East, Eastern Cape
Boston House College, Strand St, CT (1982... I think..when were you there mcamp? )
John01 Wrote:You have had an interesting upbringing Spacegirl.

Yeah - gets even more confusing when you find out I travel on an Irish Passport due to direct ancesstry to Daniel O'Connel and that ISSH in Tokyo was an American run school... so I spoke like a yank for a LONG time! Even qualify for a Japanese passport due to length of time spent there but to have 3 passports would raise a few questions - imagine trying to explain that one to the SA Govt.... 4 if I decide to go for my British one!

My dad was pulled out of SA with GE America during sanctions in the early 1970's - he was VP so they just shifted the whole fandamily to Tokyo for what was meant to be 3 years but ended up being 8!

Its kewl because I did have a really privilaged childhood with great schooling and even better holidays... pity about the parents acting like complete twats at time but hey ho... such is life!
Hey Spacegirl, there are not many parents who do not fit that category from time to time. Sounds like you had great opportunities and a very interesting childhood.
swansong Wrote:Boston House College, Strand St, CT (1982... I think..when were you there mcamp? )

I think 1980, captained and managed the football team which came second to Cape Town High that year, their best ever achievement till then.
Quote:I think 1980, captained and managed the football team which came second to Cape Town High that year, their best ever achievement till then.
hi mcamp, was the principal Les Kellen in your year?
Have you heard anything from anyone since then?
swansong Wrote:hi mcamp, was the principal Les Kellen in your year?
Have you heard anything from anyone since then?

Yep, Les Kellen was the principal, but have had no contact since then. It could even have been 1981, still not sure!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12