South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What school did you go to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
new members any additions?
Hey my name is Melanie and I am from The USA. I am going to be studying in Cape town next fall and i wanted to get more in touch with people from south Africa. I though maby you would like to talk
mcamp999 Wrote:new members any additions?
I went to germiston south primary school and then on to germiston high school i finished there in 1982 dont think its there anymore.
Haven't seen any updates recently!!
I thought I had replied to this one when it first started but it appears I haven't... unless I can't read my own name! lol

Greenfield Girls Primary - Kenilworth, Cape Town

Wynberg Girls High - Wynber, Cape Town

Westering High - Port Elizabeth

*you can see I had had quite enough of all girls schools by the time by parents dragged me kicking and screaming to PE... there was no way on this earth I was going to Collegiate - this was my mistake, think all sex schools are MUCH better*
Lets see I went to

Arlington primary school until st 1
Lindley Primary school until st 3
Bothaville Primary school until st 5
Bothaville High School until martick
Teachers Colege in Potchefstroom
This was all In Afrikaans

Then I was a teacher for 6 years in a very small school in Vierfontein and another 6 years in Welkom at Bedelia Primary school.
I thought I had already posted, but obviously not...

I started school at Randhart Laerskool and then went to Technical Boys High School. Although I was a girl, I wanted to work with my hands.... so I ended up in the English side of the school to enable me to take my subjects, which were English, Afrikaans, Maths, Science, Technical Drawing and then Electrics/Electronics for std 10.

Being one of 30 girls in the school had it's advantages... we never had to stand in lines for tuck shop and the boys had to carry our cases... ok that was only std 6..

I did all of those subjects and eneded up starting my working career as a secretary! Irony that is!!!! :rofl:
Walvis Bay Primary
Western Province Prep
and Bishops High

All way tooooo long ago.
Crewe Primary School
Cambridge High School
Kingsway High School.....
Congella Technical College.....
Cheffie Wrote:I'll get the CBC Cape Town shout in BEFORE that Duck and his 'oh so posh' Sea Point *cough* school comes with his witty Rolleyes comments Big Grin
I will back you up on that cheffie..but always thought the duck has a bit of a waddle when he walked. Sea POint posh??hmmm makes me wonder
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12