South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What school did you go to
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
jimswin Wrote:Hendrik Louw Primary Strand ( used to be able to go barefoot to school... Lekker)
Hottentots Holland High

Jim, the kids still do (the same as De Hoop and Somerset Primary ) ok:

My grand mother went to Hotties .. and by the way Steve le Roux eventually retired - new headmaster from a private school in the vaal started a week or two ago ...
spam Wrote:What years were at DVG???? We may have covered this before, however were you a greenie, bluey or a whitey....of were you fortunate enough to live in town???

In order of attendance
Paul Roos Primary-Stellenbosch- 68-70
Paul Roos Gymnasium - Stellenbosch-71
Sir De Villiers Graaf - Villiersdorp-72-75
Cape Tech- Rondebosch- 76
P&T College - Olifantsfontein - 77-78

I was at DvG in the real days Wink

1969 - 1970 when your toilets were outside, not the luxury of what you guys had Big Grin
Spam and Duck ... I was at your school 2 weeks ago.

The chains and locks has been removed but the beautiful setting of the school in Villiersdorp has never changed Wink

Love the area !
TheDuck Wrote:I was at DvG in the real days Wink

1969 - 1970 when your toilets were outside, not the luxury of what you guys had Big Grin

Oh yeah...which hostel....(I think you are a Graaf Hall boytjie) Huis Du Raan was new and you don't qualify for Theresa) we still had to go and chop down trees for firewood to fire up the boiler so we had hot water and that was still 2 years after you left, but then again THE hostel had all the main manne!!
You must remember the Davis girls that lived on the corner opposite the swimming pool.

Come to think of it you must have had Tom Engela as principal and Josh du Toit for Afrikaans..(AH) I still remember old Tier Jamneck, Sloffies, Spunky, Van Der Merwe
FlyingBok Wrote:Spam and Duck ... I was at your school 2 weeks ago.

The chains and locks has been removed but the beautiful setting of the school in Villiersdorp has never changed Wink

Love the area !
They obviously were not expecting you :crylol:
I was there 5 years ago and apart from widening the main road nothing had changed...even the spiedkop was parked off under the trees next to the netball courts
Greytown Gr1 - 2 I think,
Butterworth Gr2-6 (this school was so small, we had 3 standards in each class (Gr 4,5 and 6 in 1 class)
Grens in East London (Gr7) and my entire highschool career Gelofte.

slayer

Blairgowrie Primary School
Virginia Senior Primary
Northlands Boys' High
Norkem Park Primary school ( Jhb )
Jeffreys Bay Primary
Hoerskool Nico Malan ( I still don't know how to put the 'Umlaat' on the e.) so don't laugh too much.
btw thats in Humansdorp.
muizenberg high and junior
De Kuilen
Kirstenhof
Migdol Laerskool - Gr1 tot st2
Laerskool Morelig - St3 & St4 (Germiston)
Laerskool Westwood - St5 (Boksburg)
Hoerskool Dr EG Janses - St6 - St8 (Boksburg)
Hoerskool Eric Louw - St9 (Messina)
Hoerskool Nylstroom - Matric
Then Pretoria Technikon

My hubby went to Pinetown Boys High
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12