South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: 62% of high earners have private medical insurance
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

sue w

Quote:Originally posted by mcamp999
But when you need it, it will make all of the difference. I injured my knee last year in September and it took till March before I could have the op. In the meantime I had to limp around in pain all of that time.

I was lucky, as the waiting list is 18 months long.

:eek: :eek: Yikes..18 months!!!!!! That is why i hang on to the PMI.....i b!tch and moan about paying it every month but still hang on to it. I am still on such a major learning curve as to how the whole system works.
Quote:Originally posted by mcamp999
But when you need it, it will make all of the difference. I injured my knee last year in September and it took till March before I could have the op. In the meantime I had to limp around in pain all of that time.

I was lucky, as the waiting list is 18 months long.

Lo Mal,

We discussed this on Voertsek last year as well. A friend of mine (25 years for his country in the SAS) had a serious ankle problem - it is 2 years now and he is in a wheel chair now - still waiting.

I heard a rumour he might go for the op this week now - pathetic as in SA he would have paid in the mean time about R20k to sort it out ! Sad
Pages: 1 2