South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Info needed
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi everyone,

I need to get info on Working Holiday Visas urgently, please. This is the situation. I brought up my eldest sister's two sons up from the ages of 2 and 3 untill they were 18 and 19. I did not legally adopt them at that time. When we left SA 4 years ago we had to leave them behind. They now want to come home to mum and dad. Is there a way that we can help them? My husband is British and I got permanent residency.

Are they allowed to come over and change status here? I need all info I can get as I want my sons home with me. :bigcry:

Thanx
Moemfie
Moemfie, I think they will only be allowed to come on a WHV ( and then they may only work for one year of the two years)

Have you tried the Home Office's website?
Moemfie Wrote:Hi everyone,

I need to get info on Working Holiday Visas urgently, please. This is the situation. I brought up my eldest sister's two sons up from the ages of 2 and 3 untill they were 18 and 19. I did not legally adopt them at that time. When we left SA 4 years ago we had to leave them behind. They now want to come home to mum and dad. Is there a way that we can help them? My husband is British and I got permanent residency.

Are they allowed to come over and change status here? I need all info I can get as I want my sons home with me. :bigcry:

Thanx
Moemfie

Moemfie, what I suggest is that you contact a visa company like
breytenbachs they will probably advise you on the course of action to take.
lols Wrote:Moemfie, what I suggest is that you contact a visa company like
breytenbachs they will probably advise you on the course of action to take.
That is a very good idea lols...

:luck:
Moemfie, the advice to contact Breytenbachs is probably the best idea. At present, the WHV is probably their only option, although I do not know about the adoption route as it is likely to be too late for that.
Your best bet would be to let them study something such as electrical engineering etc at tech and then let them apply for a work permit. Maybe after the holiday visa.

I can't see them getting over permanently any other way. Confusedad:
:luck: Moemfie!
Thanx for your help and advise everyone. I have looked on the Home Office site but couldn't find anything specific. I was thinking of them comming over on a visitor's visa so they can look for work and ask the employer to apply for them for a work permit and then send them back to get the paperwork sorted but we don't have that much money available to help them.

They would still have to have jobs on that side if they come over on a Visitor's Visa and my one son is unemployed. The other one is doing this secretly, coz the people he lives with threatened to have him fired where he is working now if he attempts to come to England. They both have to work for free for the couple they living with and they won't allow my one son to go look for work coz they say he has to work for the husband to pay his stay with them. My eldest have to pay R1500 per month board and lodging over and above working all his free time for this man. This is so hard. We can't adopt them now as they are over the adoption age. :bigcry:

How do we go about them studying here and what will that cost. Do we have to do the paperwork in SA or can they do it here when they arrive?

I'm just so desperate now. My kids are being used as slaves there and I can't do anything to help them. I feel so helpless and it is my duty to protect my kids and I can't even do it. I can't contact the people coz then my kids will be without a place to stay and they will take it out on them. I want my kids with me but the immigration rules make it so hard to achieve.

I'm sorry that I'm whining in your ears with all my problems but I need help desperately and you people are so kind with the advise.

Thanx for listening.

Love
Moemfie
They could come over on a 2 year WHV visa but that would be it, they would have to return after 2 years. Obtaining a work permit is not that straight forward as the prospective employer would have to prove that they could not source locally.
The suggestion that they come here to study is not a bad one it will at least allow them to stay until their studies are complete.
spam Wrote:They could come over on a 2 year WHV visa but that would be it, they would have to return after 2 years. Obtaining a work permit is not that straight forward as the prospective employer would have to prove that they could not source locally.
The suggestion that they come here to study is not a bad one it will at least allow them to stay until their studies are complete.

Thanx for the advise, Spam. Now, where do I start with this? Who do I contact etc. Will they be able to apply for permanent stay after the studies are complete?
Pages: 1 2