South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Birth Certificate
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I need to obtain a long version of a south African birth certificate. Can any one tell me what would the quickest way. Thanks
Ronnie Wrote:I need to obtain a long version of a south African birth certificate. Can any one tell me what would the quickest way. Thanks
If anyone does know I would also like to hear from them.

I contacted SA House through their website but so far two weeks later still no reply. I tried phoning them for advice and all you get are automated number selections, none of which applied to anything I needed.

I need to replace my Birth Certificate which I have somehow managed to misplace and now need it urgently.

Any help and/or advice would be most welcome.

Thanks

HH
:thumbs: Confusedurfing: Confusedunny:
Here is the link to Home Affairs in UK. I quote from their information on obtaining a birth certificate:

PROCESSING PERIOD

Unfortunately the tracing of original records in the register held by the National Department of Home Affairs is a time consuming task, with the result that these applications are likely to take a minimum of five months and possible longer.

Due to the nature of these applications, we do not accept telephone inquiries regarding the progress of application. Request for progress reports ultimately delays the application. If a request must be made please put this in writing so that we may refer them directly the appropriate section at the Department of Home Affairs in Pretoria.

I also tried last year to get a copy of my birth certificate. I was unable to travel all the way to London to make my enquiries. I simply never managed to get off the automated telephone cycle & speak to a human being. I gave up trying for mine. Confusedad:
Was there not a courier service/agency that offered a 3 week period to ge police clearances and birth certificates from SA??? Can't remember for the life of me who where and why. I have searched on the internet but the only one that comes up no longer does it! I LEAVE on the 21st July 06 for Oz and the visa has been held up by this!
Recently somewhere someone posted the details of an agency that gets docs from the Home office in SA for you, can anyone remember seeing this and where. We sent R750.00 to a relative to get a birth certificate and we are still waiting, the whole visa has now been held up by this and time is really not on our side.
Ronnie Wrote:Recently somewhere someone posted the details of an agency that gets docs from the Home office in SA for you, can anyone remember seeing this and where. We sent R750.00 to a relative to get a birth certificate and we are still waiting, the whole visa has now been held up by this and time is really not on our side.

These guys might be able to help - look at services in more detail or contact them

http://www.q4u.co.za/
We just went through the whole issue of getting ID's, passports and full birth certificates ready.I phoned Home Affairs and they told me up to 12 months for the full birth certificate(?!!!)

I used another company for ID's but in the end was recomended to try 'Bunnyhop'. It cost us +-R400 pr birth certificate BUT..... I gave the details by e-mail and they reasured me that it would take 10 days. Within 10 days they called and we had the birthcertificates DHL'd to our home (extra cost).

I will definitely use them again.

Caroline
Dear Caroline,

Thank you for your valued enquiry.

We charge R 380.00 for an unabridged birth certificate which takes 5 – 10 working days to process. We require the applicants as well as the applicants parents full names, surname, maiden name, ID numbers and place of birth. We can only lodge the applications at the DOHA once proof of payment is received.

Our banking details are:

XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Fax: (031) 705-1036
AMOUNT: R 380.00 per certificate

Should you require any further information, please do not hesitate to contact the undersigned.
Assuring you of our best attention at all times.

Sincerely,

Haydee Miles
Registered Immigration Practitioner (AIPSA 2004/02/0166)
Bunny Hop Documents
P.O Box 639
New Germany
Tel: (031) 705-1189
Fax: (031) 705-1036
Mobile: 082 923 5599
http://www.bunnyhop.co.za