South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: 2 Cape Town Restaurants part of World's Top 50!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.constantiauitsig.co.za/restaurants.htm 'La Colombe' and
http://www.franschhoek.org.za/Le_Quartier_Francais.htm

Both restaurants made it into the World's Top 50 Restaurants :thumbs: Their exact positions are still to be announced in the press... but if you look here and see the stellar company they're in - it's excellent!
http://observer.guardian.co.uk/uk_news/s...54,00.html

Great to see Cape Town doing well on the foodie front and having eaten in both restaurants before - my favourite being La Colombe (granted it's on a superb wine estate Wink ) - it's well overdue.

I'm surprised that Bosman's @ the Grande Roche didn't make it too.

Having said that, neither did The Waterside Inn (here in the UK).
Never been to those restaurants mentioned - would definately rectify that !!!

Have been to "Reuben's" in Franschoek, though - magnificently superb !! :cloud9:

:wings:
Well done SA !

Only two made it in the whole of Aus and NZ ... :duh:

It should also be mentioned that the " La Colombe" in South Africa was voted the Best Restaurant in the Middle East and (of course) Africa ! ok: ok: ok:
FlyingBok Wrote:It should also be mentioned that the " La Colombe" in South Africa was voted the Best Restaurant in the Middle East and (of course) Africa !
La Colombe came in at 28 and Le Quartier came in at 38.

Congrats to both of them doing Cape Town and South Africa proud :thumbs:

With such a diverse and great restaurant scene down in the Cape it must have been difficult to pick the eventual nominees.

Almitra, La Colombe (whilst seemingly expensive as a local) is not only worth the trip, the whole experience will leave you in awe - the food, the service, the views over the vineyards... simply outstanding.
Cheffie Wrote:La Colombe came in at 28 and Le Quartier came in at 38.

Congrats to both of them doing Cape Town and South Africa proud :thumbs:

With such a diverse and great restaurant scene down in the Cape it must have been difficult to pick the eventual nominees.

Almitra, La Colombe (whilst seemingly expensive as a local) is not only worth the trip, the whole experience will leave you in awe - the food, the service, the views over the vineyards... simply outstanding.

I agree - believe the Cape has wonderful restaurants !!! :thumbs:

Will most definately visit La Colombe - maybe I can convince FB to come along, and then he can take care of the expenses .............. :rofl:
Almitra Wrote:Will most definately visit La Colombe - maybe I can convince FB to come along, and then he can take care of the expenses .............. :rofl:

I'm sure if you whisper in his ear they have outstanding wines he'll gladly foot the bill Wink

Getting a table there might present a problem though - watch the local press simply amplify it's bookings.

One curious thing though... both restaurants are located in 'Winelands' territory :mmm:
Good Point !!! :p

Will do so .......

Curious ?? The Bok does visit these shores sometimes, remember ??
FlyingBok Wrote:2 May skattebol ... first Iraq and then Afghanistan and then home ...

:yikes:

Think you'll make it back in one piece to the Winelands, Bok ???

:wings:
Pages: 1 2