South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: 100 promised, 30 I got!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this recipe for cookies/biscuits and it says that I will get 100 cookies out of this recipe. I need 100 you see.....

Well.... I only got 30 cookies out of this famous chef's recipe! They would have been as big as smarties if I was to get 100.... I promise! Smile

This is not the first time it happened...
:duh:

:jive:
maybe one shouldn't cook once having opened a bottle of red wine

Smile
hckgfkfhfkjyfjehrnhbhufkyh!
Jangar Wrote:hckgfkfhfkjyfjehrnhbhufkyh!

I agree D.

:haha:
TheDuck Wrote:maybe one shouldn't cook once having opened a bottle of red wine

Smile

.... in this case me thinks it is writing a recipe with an open bottle of red wine!

Pronkertjie Wrote:.... in this case me thinks it is writing a recipe with an open bottle of red wine!

:jester: Would love to see that being done!

Must agree with you though......

my idea of sizes is not what the recipe's usually indicate!

:mmm: :mmm:

I
Jangar Wrote:hckgfkfhfkjyfjehrnhbhufkyh!

Oops...

Can't leave him alone for a few minutes :mad:

I thought I was logged off the comp :duh:

Blush
Jangar Wrote:Oops...

Can't leave him alone for a few minutes :mad:

I thought I was logged off the comp :duh:

Blush

Never mind, I enjoyed it Big Grin
Joan Wrote::jester: Would love to see that being done!

I will not install a webcam to prove that it can be done :wall:
Big Grin

Seriously though Blom, name and shame - that's what this forum is about. Food matters!
If a recipe doesn't work and you've spent the time and money getting a third of the yield then when someone does a google search on recipes by this person it might come up that it doesn't work and needs tweaking.

Copy the message over to the publisher as well - it could have been a typo?

As cooks go, recipes tend to be used as guidelines, though strictly speaking they should work if followed to the letter.
:chef:
Cheffie Wrote:I will not install a webcam to prove that it can be done :wall:
Big Grin

Seriously though Blom, name and shame - that's what this forum is about. Food matters!
If a recipe doesn't work and you've spent the time and money getting a third of the yield then when someone does a google search on recipes by this person it might come up that it doesn't work and needs tweaking.

Copy the message over to the publisher as well - it could have been a typo?

As cooks go, recipes tend to be used as guidelines, though strictly speaking they should work if followed to the letter.
:chef:

I was wondering if it was a typo too...

Will do as you say... Smile Google her (now this can mean a whole lot of things! :haha: )
Pages: 1 2