South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 18's Trivial Pursuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
In professional golf, how long - in minutes - does a competitor or caddy have to search for a ball that's gone astray?
Jangar Wrote:In professional golf, how long - in minutes - does a competitor or caddy have to search for a ball that's gone astray?

5 minutes me thinks
Pronkertjie Wrote:5 minutes me thinks

Me thinks you're right Smile

:thumbs:

If it isn't located within five minutes, it's considered lost, according to the rules of the U.S. Golf Association.

After the Statue of Liberty, what's the tallest statue in the U.S.? Hint: It too has a torch.
Is it the Vulcan statue?
Curio Wrote:Is it the Vulcan statue?

It is Big Grin

So :thumbs:

The Roman god of fire and the forge overlooking Birmingham, Alabama, from the summit of Red Mountain. The scantily clad statue, which celebrates the city's steel industry, was created for the 1904 St. Louis Exposition. It holds a torch that glows green most of the time but is changed to red when there's been a traffic fatality in the area.

What baseball great made it to the Hall of Fame despite a record 2 597 career strikeouts?
Babe Ruth? Wink
Reggie Jackson
nataliiie Wrote:Reggie Jackson

:thumbs:

Now how did I know that Dudette was going to say Babe Ruth :haha:

When it comes to animal sounds, what is stridulation?
the first thing that comes to mind is a cat purring
Sound made by an insect (crickets, cicadas, grasshoppers, etc) rubbing two parts of its body together
Pages: 1 2