South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Boerewors Germany
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
This thread is for our German folk. As you all probably know we live next to a Metzgerei. I was chatting to him about some meat as I am wanting to make some boerewors and biltong. Anyway he said if I wanted to I could make use of his facilities and make large batches of the stuff. Now this has put a thought into my head, but before I jump in and say yes, what do you guys think of me making boerewors and biltong, then shipping it out. Only prob been I think I would have to freeze the boerie first and post it frozen, I don't know. Would you be interested and have you any other thoughts on this. His prices seem to be reasonable, slightly cheaper than what I can buy the meat in the shops.
Quote:Originally posted by Jillibeans
This thread is for our German folk. As you all probably know we live next to a Metzgerei. I was chatting to him about some meat as I am wanting to make some boerewors and biltong. Anyway he said if I wanted to I could make use of his facilities and make large batches of the stuff. Now this has put a thought into my head, but before I jump in and say yes, what do you guys think of me making boerewors and biltong, then shipping it out. Only prob been I think I would have to freeze the boerie first and post it frozen, I don't know. Would you be interested and have you any other thoughts on this. His prices seem to be reasonable, slightly cheaper than what I can buy the meat in the shops.

Sounds like a good idea, maybe you can get the butcher to give you better prices if you buy a lot of meat from him. The only snag may be posting the boerie.....would your postal service allow you to send meat by post? You may have to get a courier service.