South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What are you growing this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I haven't planted a single seed or blom yet!!! Confusedpring:

Icecub

Have not bought a single thing yet, as we still waiting for the fence to go up at the bottom of the garden and the landscapers to come and do their bit, before i even start to contemplate where and what i want to plant....

All i am thinking of doing at the moment is my hanging baskets, think i might just fill them this yr myself, also i am thinking of planting lots of creepers etc along the fences....makes it all the more private and prettier with colour.

So this yr i think the garden can have a rest until we have finished painting and redecorating the house.... :duh:
Strawbs Wrote:I haven't planted a single seed or blom yet!!! Confusedpring:

Me neither Strawbs..... but I am sure we will get there Confusedpring:
Pronkertjie Wrote:Me neither Strawbs..... but I am sure we will get there Confusedpring:

at this rate, my sweetpeas will bloom in January! :crylol:
Strawbs Wrote:at this rate, my sweetpeas will bloom in January! :crylol:

Oi..... you can't let me down like that..... kom kom kom..... sow the seeds, or buy little plants.

Confusedpring: :jive: Confusedpring:
Venus Wrote:We have a huge garden which is mainly like a mini-wood. I've counted 34 trees visible from my son's bedroom window. Most of the trees are varieties of pine & beech. We also have several holly trees & some other trees, bushes & shrubs that I'm not familiar with. This part of the garden is very natural with an assortment of bulbs eg. crocuses, daffodils, snowdrops & tulips carpeting the ground. Surrounding our actual house are bright red tulips that have just flowered. Then we also have a walled atrium garden which is mostly lawn with flower beds surrounding & an apple tree in the centre. In the flower beds I've planted dahlias, lily bulbs, gladioli bulbs, a gardinia, two rhodedendrons, a peony, two honeysuckles & a jasmin. I still have 80 Irises & another 25 gladioli to plant. We're planning on having our Marriage Blessing in our garden so I basically have 2 months to have it looking amazing - hard work! :p

It sounds so pretty there where you live Venus!

Hope all your plants will do well!

Hope you will post some photos of your garden

:daisy: Confusedpring:
Joan Wrote:It sounds so pretty there where you live Venus!

Hope all your plants will do well!

Hope you will post some photos of your garden

:daisy: Confusedpring:

I have a few that I took last autumn that I could put in the gallery if you like.

Here's one that's in the gallery already
We have slowly adjusted to the German way of things and have already planted the geraniums in the holders for the balcony. These are the hanging variety and are violet this year.

I must admit they do look nice when everyone in the village has done the same.

Have also planted some cherry tomatoes and chillies in boxes on the bacony too. ( Need the heat for the winter time LOL)

Nothing in the main veggie patch this year, as the winter stayed too long and I could not get myself motivated.
Bushbaby Wrote:that sounds great actually - what colour scheme are you going for in the garden that you are havnig your Marriage Blessing in?

I chose plants for their scent rather than colour but I always have a soft spot for red flowers, which is why I chose a peony that will have a deep red colour. The colour scheme for our Blessing & reception is red & gold. :lovef:
Pages: 1 2