South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Time to upgrade my phone - recomm's please
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
As things go I've had my present mobile for a couple of years (Nokia 6310i) and have found it great for business use etc.

Am shopping around for a new phone and wanted some recomm's from the techies on here.

Firstly - I'm not interested in a non-Nokia phone (I'm a creature of habit and have enjoyed their style for many years).

Secondly I'd like to get a phone that has decent picture and voice quality whilst making live video calls.

It must have a great storage capacity for more than 700 contacts.

Must have a good messaging facility.

Must not look or feel like a brick! LOL

FB, I know you'll give some great advice... but I'd also like to see links to pictures etc.

Many thanks in advance
:chef:
Try the 6230i,

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,71691,00.html

It's a very popular, cute, does everything you need phone!
YUPPIE

:crylol: :crylol: :crylol: :crylol: :crylol:
Strawbs Wrote:Try the 6230i,

http://www.nokia.co.uk/nokia/0,,71691,00.html

It's a very popular, cute, does everything you need phone!

Thanks froot.

Was looking at the Nokia 6280 (one of my trainees has one) and the live video calling is good, picture quality etc.

Hve looked at the Nokia 6111 as well.

Does anyone know if they're releasing some new upgraded versions in the next month or so?

Still undecided as to what model to buy.

Jamjar... go swallow a lamb bone Big Grin

cwlinde

I see that you are looking for a nokia phone. I would suggest you expand your horizon and look towards heaven... SonyEricsson. A million times better in my experience.

SonyEricsson will launch fantastic new phones very soon. Just check out their website.

Most of their business phones now come out with 3G, which makes life so much easier!

I know the transition from Nokia to SonyEricsson might be difficult at first, but you will reap the rewards very soon.

A tip with SonyEricson. Try to avoid the joystick thing. Not the best.

Check out the following phones from SonyEricsson:

M600i, W950i, P990i.
I agree with regards the sony Erikson, having had one years ago, and recently trying one out again after years of Nokias in between, the functionality and perfomance is far better than the Nokia.
Mister Linde ... jy praat nou reg ou maat.

Cheffie - same way i do not scratch around in your spices - I rathr ask for advice Wink

Bought wifey the Noki (she calls it her Noki) 6111 - piece of plastic junk.

Sony ericsson are miles ahead (so are LG etc ..)

I would go exatly with what Mr / Mrs / Miss Linde reccomends... can not wait for the (finally) release of the P990i Big Grin

PS : If you really insist on a Noki - have a look at the N - range - big in size but good features - vedo cams etc ... 3 mpix cameras ( although I still think it should remain a MOBILE phone) and not the mixture of the 5 things currently being the habbit.

6230i highly reccomended but as boring as garlic on garlic bread or tomatoe spread on a pizza broerrrrrr
FlyingBok Wrote:Mister Linde ... jy praat nou reg ou maat.

Cheffie - same way i do not scratch around in your spices - I rathr ask for advice Wink

Bought wifey the Noki (she calls it her Noki) 6111 - piece of plastic junk.

Sony ericsson are miles ahead (so are LG etc ..)

I would go exatly with what Mr / Mrs / Miss Linde reccomends... can not wait for the (finally) release of the P990i Big Grin

PS : If you really insist on a Noki - have a look at the N - range - big in size but good features - vedo cams etc ... 3 mpix cameras ( although I still think it should remain a MOBILE phone) and not the mixture of the 5 things currently being the habbit.

6230i highly reccomended but as boring as garlic on garlic bread or tomatoe spread on a pizza broerrrrrr

Hi Flyinbok...... CWLinde is a him Smile :ok
Pronkertjie Wrote:Hi Flyinbok...... CWLinde is a him Smile :ok

Him knows what him talks about :p
FlyingBok Wrote:Him knows what him talks about :p

She knows exactly what she is talking about.... en hy is wraggies nog 'n Kapenaar Smile

:jive:

ps: Oh Cheffie loves it when I hijack threads.... and this is his thread.... better hid Smile
Pages: 1 2 3