South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Gardening at Night by Diane Awerbuck.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Icecub, you are right one when you say the book is difficult to get into ! But once you have gone into Part II and beyond 50 odd pages it improve. I am enjoying it. I hope you like the book too - the one thing I say it lacks and perhaps this makes it harder to read - is the fact there is no dialogue - I always enjoy the interaction between characters. Still I am going to finish it and will come back once I have completed the book. How are you finding the book ?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
Icecub, you are right one when you say the book is difficult to get into ! But once you have gone into Part II and beyond 50 odd pages it improve. I am enjoying it. I hope you like the book too - the one thing I say it lacks and perhaps this makes it harder to read - is the fact there is no dialogue - I always enjoy the interaction between characters. Still I am going to finish it and will come back once I have completed the book. How are you finding the book ?

still in the throes of the beginning......guess i have been too tired to carry on...but will try later...i hate books like that..with no dialogue and ramblings drive me nuts.........Wink

Icecub

I am still battling to read this book....not proving to be enjoyable......

how u doing BB and Nikkinaz??
I have about 40 pages to go, I enjoyed it from about middle of the first part to the end of the second part and now I am finding the last part rather so-so! I should finish it tonight.

Sorry you are not enjoying it as you went out and bought it, I thought it looked so good from the reviews and I got the name from the old VS bookclub and only found it at our library a few weeks ago.

On the whole I would rate it as an okay book, good in places and certainly not as good as Andre Brink advocates on the cover.

What will be the next book for the bookclub, perhaps something from the Fav. Authors lists so more people can take part!
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
What will be the next book for the bookclub, perhaps something from the Fav. Authors lists so more people can take part!

Yes, please! Big Grin

Icecub

here we are......we can decide which book next.......Smile

http://www.globalbuzz-sa.com/forums/show...eadid=1303
Last quote about the book - the ending was awfully muddled and I found it very disappointing as I say only enjoyed a bit in the middle...sorry Icecub ! Will have a look at book more closely before I recommend it ... and take something a little more well known for everyone. So back to the bestsellers lists we go.

Bushbaby - have you received or started this book yet ? Would be interesting to see what you think, too!

Sad
Pages: 1 2