South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Deseprately Need Help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi all..

It's been a while since I've been on. I am busy with the organising of a Fashion Show event for about 3000 ppl and I have no time for myself!!!

So, getting to the real problem... My boss has asked me, since I know the most about PC's, to make a screensaver for her top managers. I agreed to this, and promply downloaded some freeware to test, once I decided I like the program, I bought it online.... I made a beautiful screensaver, but I have one problem, it doesn't want to install properly. So if I right click ont he icon, then click on install, it goes to my Control panel, but my curser goes missing. I cannot put out something like that!!!!! Especially considering that most of the managers are 50+ thus they are no experts on the PC....

Does anybody know where I can buy software to make a nice little screensaver which I can write to disk to give to ppl... something that will work, and look professional?? I am really desperate as I have to have 80 disks done by Friday!!!!

PLEASE... I would appreciaite any help or suggestions....

Spilt Beans:bigcry: Blush :wall:
Hej Bean,

I don't use a screen saver but rather have my desktop wallpaper change every 15 minutes.

The place I got it from is called webshots and they have some beautiful backgrounds. The free ware is good but it does install some horrible things like reminders for you to update and an icon in your toolbar that flashes to get your attention. I don't know if this happens with the purchased version.

Also I know that FBi purchased a nice one of the Cape Penninsula, maybe the manufacturers of that one have others ?
Hey Jan...

The purchased version does not send any reminders, and the program I got off the net really looks good, it just has problems with the installation.... Whenever I try to install it on my PC, after creating it, my CP goes funny and my mouse pointer goes missing....

I am at my end on this!!!
Silly question but have you sent an e-mail explaining your problem to them ?

picanin

Thanx Boyz...

I have found another program.. PHEW!!! It seems to work fine, and I have seen some reviews, so I'll just get that as well.

Pic, I had a look at the site you gave... but by that time I already got the other stuff.

NOW: for the next question... Once I have installed a screensaver, how do I uninstall it. I can see it in my CP/Display/Screensaver but I want to delete it??? :confused:

Jan. as for me sending them email... I did, and the silly ******* didn't even bother to reply....

Thanx again... at least I know I can count on my friends to help....!

picanin

Quote:Originally posted by Bean of Love

NOW: for the next question... Once I have installed a screensaver, how do I uninstall it. I can see it in my CP/Display/Screensaver but I want to delete it??? :confused:

Beanie, go to Add Remove Programs in your CP and the screen saver program should be listed.
another quick and easy option is if you are running winxp pro, there will be a folder in "My Documents" which is called "My Pictures"

Save some nice pictures in there, and set the screensaver to show the pictures like a slide show....

Very simple, and effective..
Thank you to all... I think I have it sussed out now... I hope!!!

I can't believe that I always end up doing htese things... a far cry from my job spec, but hey, I learn something new!