South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Scrap the Tri-Nations ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is the Tri-Nations becoming boring for rugby fans ? Had a few discussions with saffer rugby supporters and theyre all for the "old style" rugby tours, International teams playing midweek games v provinces and 3 test matches.

Anyone feeling the same ?
wouldn't the Tr Nations depend upon the amount of money made via TV etc?

Being a business, surely it would be monitored to see the overall response of viewers.

I wouldn't know because I 'can't' watch :haha:
Robok Wrote:Is the Tri-Nations becoming boring for rugby fans ? Had a few discussions with saffer rugby supporters and theyre all for the "old style" rugby tours, International teams playing midweek games v provinces and 3 test matches.

Anyone feeling the same ?

Not the way anymore. TV plays an important part in sport nowadays as well as gate takings.

The 6 nations started off as the 4 and i wouldn't be suprised if more northern teams join. The same for the Tri-nations. It'll grow and become more interesting again.

If anything the players are the ones who are suffering with the amount of games that they must play a year.
Robok, it aint gonna happen, as the long tours are just not the ticket anymore. TV and TV money rules now.
Wonder if us Saffers would be happy with it,if we were winning it all the time
durbsboy Wrote:Wonder if us Saffers would be happy with it,if we were winning it all the time

GUESS WE WILL NEVER KNOW :wall: :wall:

See the Sharks beat the Bulls now at Loftus Smile

Wonder how the Cats are doing?

Robok, any ideas?
Our nightmare run continues .... we even lost to Griquas yesterday :bigcry: :dazed:
Robok Wrote:Our nightmare run continues .... we even lost to Griquas yesterday :bigcry: :dazed:
Province have been a pleasent surprise, I must admit. How Luke Watson has been left out of the Bok side, I will never know. His form has been outstanding and he has been the driving force behind the Province resurgence.
Province and pleasent dont go together in a sentence :mad:

Watson and Schalk Brits shud b in the Bok squad 4 the home leg of the Tri-nations :am: