South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Which comic book did you read?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2

Icecub

So tell me do u lot still read comics??? Or can u still get them like we used to get them....

The comics my son reads now are the Dandy, the beano....:thumbs:

I have a stack that hubby has not passed onto my son....old archie comics...i loved those...

And my sister still has a stack of spiderman comics for my son back home....got to get them here...

Can u remember.....Little Lotta, Little red devil, Casper and the three friendly ghosts, Archie, Reggie, Ronnie, Betty and the rest of the gang......???

Gosh...this is a walk down memory lane....Smile
Hahahah, I used to read Archie when I was a kid... and my friend used to get Beano and Dandy Annuals from his Gran in England every year....Big Grin
I used to read Archie and Richie Rich and all the girlie ones. I never ventured into the Superheroes type ones. I used to always get them from the second-hand book store, so they weren't the best of conditions to start with.
What about the war books the guys used to read? Who still has them?
The DC comics were still the best...Batman, Superman, Submariner, Captain America, Flash, Green Hornet, Justice League but when it comes to animated work Asterix has to be the best.
I think I can go a little further back and remember when I used to get the Eagle comic with Dan Dare in it every week - mind you being in SA they used to come by mail ship and we always got them about six weeks after they had come out here in the UK.
I used to love the Archie comics, until I moved on to Judge Dredd and the 2000 AD comics.

My son is really into Donald Duck, and he wont really read the superhero comics...
Yes!

Richie Rich, Archie, Spiderman!!

I cannot remember any more though.....Sad
I loved comics and the ones I remember are:

Casper
Richie Rich
Beano
Archie and the Gang

and then of course every year I would also buy a girls annual like "Judy 1975" .... would love those.
My mom used to subscribe Bunty for me & Buster for my brother. The local newsagent ordered these from UK for us & they'd arrive in a huge bundle of about 6 issues.

I loved my comics, especially all the Archie ones. Also Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elma Fudd, Bugs Bunny & Donald Duck.

When I was a young teenager, I loved those trashy photo comics like Louise, Secrets etc. Anyone remember those? Blush

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Venus
My mom used to subscribe Bunty for me & Buster for my brother. The local newsagent ordered these from UK for us & they'd arrive in a huge bundle of about 6 issues.

I loved my comics, especially all the Archie ones. Also Daffy Duck, Porky Pig, Elma Fudd, Bugs Bunny & Donald Duck.

When I was a young teenager, I loved those trashy photo comics like Louise, Secrets etc. Anyone remember those? Blush

yes Venus i remember those very well...:haha:
Pages: 1 2