South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: What kind of books do you like reading ?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I read everything from biography's to thrillers even throwing in a few chick lit books to enjoy as light reading. I must say I really do like a family drama, and strangely enough I tend to enjoy books which are set in the USA at the moment - I do not like sci-fi at all but do not mind fantasy every couple of months.

I am reading a book called Honeymoon in Purdah - an enjoyable read about another culture I know not much about - Iran.
I seem to go through stages, but tend to read anything (even cereal boxes at a push). Right now I seem to be picking thrillers and dramas -not consciously, but when I get back from the library thats what I have.
All types except for Mills and Boon, Danielle Steele, Judith Krantz etc. Don't like that stlye of book. Not even when I was younger. Like drama, historical, crime, thrille, Sci-fi, fantasy - basically a book that I can escape and forget about the world. Light reads are fine if I want a quick read i.e. a day
At the moment I am favouring biographies and travelogues. Normally I would tend toward dramas, fantasy and occasionally sci-fi.
I used to read quite a bit, but sadly haven't read a good book in a long time.
There just never seems enough time anymore.
Sad
I love crime, thrillers, chick lit...... all sorts!! Am not keen on biographies, unless they're 'survivor' stories. Sunny and I have been swapping many books on people who have survived traumatic upbringings.