South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Too many apples....... help
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Gwasi

Check out this site of interest. They have a massive database of recipes.

http://chef2chef.net/search/s-recipes.php?search=apples

You could make brandied apple compote, portion into jars, seal them and use them over the winter period for gifts or selling on. It goes great with duck confit :thumbs:
Some brilliant ideas, thanks! :thumbs: We're also about to have an abundant supply of apples as we have 5 apple trees. I just don't know what varieties they are yet.

We also have a bumper crop of black & red currants. Any ideas as to what can be done with these? We're just eating the raspberries as they ripen. :cheeky:
Venus Wrote:We also have a bumper crop of black & red currants. Any ideas as to what can be done with these? We're just eating the raspberries as they ripen. :cheeky:
Hi Venus

Have a look here
http://chef2chef.net/search/s-recipes.ph...ck+currant

Personally I'm waiting on our blackberries to ripen :woof:

I just have to get my puppy to avoid eating them all :wall:
Thanks, Cheffie. Will go have a good look. Big Grin
Venus Wrote:Some brilliant ideas, thanks! :thumbs: We're also about to have an abundant supply of apples as we have 5 apple trees. I just don't know what varieties they are yet.

We also have a bumper crop of black & red currants. Any ideas as to what can be done with these? We're just eating the raspberries as they ripen. :cheeky:

Hi Venus,

As you have so many berries - why not try a rumpot? Basically you take fresh berries as they ripen, place in a large container (mason jar is great) and cover with a liquour of your choice. Place a plate on top to keep all the fruit submerged and add more as they come available, always topping up the liquour. You can add other fruit as well, but try and keep the balance as berries.

Then you just let it stand until around Christmas time, when it will make a lovely dessert served with cream or ice cream and toasted pannetone...
Cheffie Wrote:Hi Gwasi

Check out this site of interest. They have a massive database of recipes.

http://chef2chef.net/search/s-recipes.php?search=apples

You could make brandied apple compote, portion into jars, seal them and use them over the winter period for gifts or selling on. It goes great with duck confit :thumbs:

Will do so thanks cheffie.

Not sure if :donald: would like to be served with apple compote, seeing as he's on a mission to get trim? :crylol:
Bushbaby Wrote:Hi Venus,

As you have so many berries - why not try a rumpot? Basically you take fresh berries as they ripen, place in a large container (mason jar is great) and cover with a liquour of your choice. Place a plate on top to keep all the fruit submerged and add more as they come available, always topping up the liquour. You can add other fruit as well, but try and keep the balance as berries.

Then you just let it stand until around Christmas time, when it will make a lovely dessert served with cream or ice cream and toasted pannetone...

Mmmmm, that sounds yummy! :cheeky: Thanks, BB. :thumbs:
Pages: 1 2