South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Jen's journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Jen, you are so often in my thoughts. I'm glad your chemo is now done. :cheer: You are such a brave lady & an inspiration to us all. If I were able to meet you in person I'd be giving you the biggest hug! :hugs: We continue to pray for your full recovery. :gogirl:
Thank you, thank you, thank you, all you precious people!

You make me feel rather special, which helps right now :hartlik:

Each day is better than the one before, even if it's in a little way. Can't wait to have HAIR again!! :eek:
Jen Wrote:Can't wait to have HAIR again!! :eek:

Would be happy to give you some of my 'boskasie'! :haha:

:canwin: :can win: :canwin:

:engel:
Jen Wrote:Can't wait to have HAIR again!! :eek:

Neither can I. Most of mine's migrated to my chest :wall:

just a wind-up for Duckie.. and not taking away from your condition. Duckie know's my hairloss is permanent and will probably recommend I buy a hat too Rolleyes
Big Grin
Cheffie Wrote:Neither can I. Most of mine's migrated to my chest :wall:

Big Grin

You can always ask Jen for her wig if her hair has grown back.... will suit you just fine... :innocent: I am sure she is willing to let you have it for the award ceremony soon... Big Grin

I'd prefer her bandana. I can look, feel and act tough then providing it's in some masculine :thumbs: colour and not full of flowers or something :wall:
Big Grin
You can choose from some slinky pinks to blue and purple florals. Or a floppy hat with a big blue flower on it, that turns up at the front?
But all in all, the wig will do it for you I think. Very chic.
Hi all,

These past three weeks since the last chemo have been generally on the up, with a few 'down' times. Fantastic to be over the chemo at last though my hair shows no signs of growing back. It takes patience, I'm told.. :dazed:

This Wed. 25th is the radiotherapy planning day, no pain or side effects, just a normal routine to go through. I trust that this week will be a good one with good rest and no pain, as I've woken with pain on the past 4 or 5 mornings, but that has soon gone after taking my medicines.

It's also a great feeling to be able to drive again, go shopping for more than about half an hour, start eating real food and taste it, not worry so much about picking up infections, and lots of other little things. Still not back on chocolate though! :confused:

GOOD news is that I've bought my ticket to SA for Christmas! :aero: :xmasprep:
thanks for the update Jen

from the post, it is good to feel your spirits raised

in my thoughts and prayers

love and laughter your way, the medicine of a good life

:hugs:

:hug:
Great to hear you're slowly healing and returning to your previous routines.

All the best for the coming week :canwin:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21