South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Jen's journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
:luck: for this week Jen Smile
Great to see you are doing better Jen!

Before you know it you will have your :braai: in Confusedunny: SA!

Lots of love :canwin:
Hi Jen

Good wishes for this week.
Jen, it's wonderful to hear you are starting to do better.
Thinking of you.

John
Hi All,

Just to let you know that Radiotherapy has started and it's easy compared to chemo.. just a tedious hour's drive there and another hour back. The treatment itself presents no problems. Oh but I am SO tired!

Generally I'm recovering well I think, STILL NO HAIR or eyelashes etc. Wearing tea cosies has lost its novelty in this cold weather and some have crocheted holes in them so my head does still get cold :cold:
However, I have a Paddington Bear hat and my wig.

So, Christmas in S.A. is foremost in my mind, (with a Weber braai,) and the first thing I'll get for my day's first cup of tea is rusks. Right now time is spent with Christmas cards, pressies, and keeping busy with other things and enjoying being able to DO other things. Life is very precious right now.
:cloud9:
Jen Wrote:Wearing tea cosies has lost its novelty in this cold weather

Wearing a balaclava might be an idea.. though not a great one I admit :wall:
Big Grin

Great to hear your spirits are up :thumbs:
Cheffie Wrote:Wearing a balaclava might be an idea.. though not a great one I admit :wall:
Big Grin

Wear one when you check in to fly to SA .... another not so great idea I guess. :haha:

Jy is amper oor die hond se stert - can't think of the English expression now... and the next few weeks will fly by. Smile

You are a special lady Jen, with the amazing ability to invest in so many people, and I am looking forward to your return from SA so that we can paint the town red.... and the next town... and the next town :haha:

:bunch:
Aaaaaaw, thanks. That's so nice of you.

NEW update: I've just found a fine layer of NEW HAIR!! Can't see the colour yet..
Yippeeeee! :jive:

Now keep the teacosy on and stop touching it Big Grin

You will come back from SA in a brand new hairstyle!! :blom:
:hug: Have a great week, Jen. Confusedunny: Soon you will be in sunny SA, enjoy!!
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21