South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Jen's journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Jen Wrote:Oh I'm SO touched and grateful for all your messages of hope and encouragement, and all the hugs. Every one is very precious. You are an amazing bunch of warm people!!

Back home after post-chemo stay with my friend, and can say that this time was MUCH better than last! Woke up each morning wondering if I'd get sick, and it didn't happen - though I must say I feel queasy and fragile now.

Even less hair now :eek: so as I'm feeling really cold (chemo plays havoc with my internal combustion) I'm wearing a turban.. musn't frighten people out of their wits :yikes:

So the thing now is to take each day as it comes and be grateful for the good days. :canwin:

You have amazing bravery and spirit!! :gogirl:

Thinking of you all the time, even though I don't post on this thread much!

:canwin:
Good to see you back and taking it slowly.. day by day.

Your thread is both heart breakingly sad, yet inspiring at the same time and I can only sit here and marvel at your inner strength, fortitude and being blessed with a sense of humour.

I'm still not convinced about the turban Wink

All the best and keep up the spirits :canwin:
G

TracyW

Strawbs Wrote:You have amazing bravery and spirit!! :gogirl:

Thinking of you all the time, even though I don't post on this thread much!

:canwin:

The same from me Jen, it's good to know you have so many supportive people around you. :canwin:
I'm glad your chemo went better than expected. You really are a Steel Magnolia! :wings: We're still praying for you & my family have added you to their prayer list too. :hug: :canwin:

The turban sounds very sophisticated. I can imagine you lounging on beautiful chaise lounge, sipping on a tall cool drink with an umbrella in the glass. Big Grin
I have thought about you at various times, since reading your life story, I am touched by your courage and spirit.

It is just great that things have gone much better after this round of chemo.

Please keep wiriting and telling us about your progress.

Best wishes and best regards,

BenoniBoy
Just an update since my last post:

First, your encouragements are food for the soul! You all say I'm brave but I don't feel it as I get my 'down' times when I cry seemingly for nothing or when someone is kind.

Friday was a fairly bad day.. I felt sick and had pain - felt like the nerve endings over my abdomen and back were raw - and needed my friends. Being alone is not good in times like that Sad
A certain friend with a flowered hat was sensitive enough to ask if I wanted a visit, then she came immediately when I said yes.. and it helped so much.

Since then the days have been better, still fragile and queasy and painful at odd times, but overall I'm doing better than Friday and that makes me optimistic for the week ahead.

Confusedpring:
Just sending you a big fat hug :hug:
Jen Wrote:and that makes me optimistic for the week ahead.

Confusedpring:

Great to see you're still positive :thumbs:

Hope your days get better as they grow longer.. :canwin:
Dear Jen,

It is great news that you are feeling a little better. Keep up the positive attitude. I am thinking of you.

Your friend "with a flowered hat" sounds like a special friend, three cheers to her.

Best regards

BenoniBoy
Jen

You're an inspiration to us, positive vibes and love are being sent across the ether to you :hug:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21