South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Jen's journey
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Jen's chemo went well today...once it got started. Her appointment was at 10:30, but the chemo was not started until 4:30, making for a very long day at the hospital. The oncologist's registrar was concerned about the back pain and wants her to have another bone scan before her next chemo appointment, so that is good news - someone is investigating. Please pray that her recovery from this treatment will be quick and easy.

:canwin: :canwin: :canwin:

Icecub

Be strong Jen....:hug: :hug:
Again, my heartfelt thanks for ALL you cheerleaders on my side! :cheer:
I NEED it!

This past chemo wasn't as relatively easy as the last, but I got through the week in one piece. Half way through now Big Grin

Tomorrow (Friday) I go for another bone scan which is wonderful, as the oncologist seems determined, at last, to get to the root of the pain in my ribs. It seemed up till now that the pain was being neglected, though I'm full of strong drugs every day for it, and I'm reassured now that we're looking for answers. Yay! Your prayers mean the world.

:canwin:

P.S. My mostly-bare scalp is sore and feeling the cold... more lessons every day, so the hats, beanies, scarves etc are coming in handy..

:cold:
Great to see you've moved on from wigs :wall: to beanies :thumbs:
Big Grin

:canwin: for the assessment later today :thumbs:
Good luck for today. What about getting one of those colourful rasta hats
my thoughts and prayers are with you Jen

every step you take

Every breath you take
Every move you make
Every pain you feel
Every step you take
We'll be with you

change to orginal lyrics of song
Sterkte for today dear friend.....

May the pain get sorted TODAY! :hug:

Love you lots!

:canwin: :canwin: :canwin:

ps: Jen showed me a beautiful silk scarf she painted - she will definately look sooooo grand wearing that! :blom:
I think of you all the time!

:berry:

Icecub

Jen Wrote:Again, my heartfelt thanks for ALL you cheerleaders on my side! :cheer:
I NEED it!

This past chemo wasn't as relatively easy as the last, but I got through the week in one piece. Half way through now Big Grin

Tomorrow (Friday) I go for another bone scan which is wonderful, as the oncologist seems determined, at last, to get to the root of the pain in my ribs. It seemed up till now that the pain was being neglected, though I'm full of strong drugs every day for it, and I'm reassured now that we're looking for answers. Yay! Your prayers mean the world.

P.S. My mostly-bare scalp is sore and feeling the cold... more lessons every day, so the hats, beanies, scarves etc are coming in handy..

:cold:

Thinking of you Jen....i will join u in the wearing of hats and beanies as it is getting very cool lately....

:hug:
Hello Jen

Have a good weekend Smile :weekend:
I hope that our prayers will help you get through each day. :hug:
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21