South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Breast Implants - The Risks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I am "well-endowed" and blonde to boot. Does that make me stupid?

nope......never mind our Tara...she was just joking...Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
nope......never mind our Tara...she was just joking...Smile

Mmmmm. OkBig Grin
There are millions of women who have had breast implants and are very happy. As terribly as it turned out for those women, I think that link reflects a very small minority.

I'm fortunate to be one of those "well endowed" but I have a sister in law who has struggled with being flat chested. I'd be behind her all the way if she decided to do something about it.
Although I'm comfortable with myself, if I wasn't, and if I could afford to do something about it, I'd have no problem having done whatever needs to be done.

Tara

Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I am "well-endowed" and blonde to boot. Does that make me stupid?

Nope, lucky I would say! :haha:

(Especially if it's all real! Big Grin )
Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha
I would never even consider it....

I like my body the way it is cellulite and all...

I just dont get why some women cant accept the gifts that mother nature has endowed or not endowed them with....why this on going struggle to pacify ones own vanity...?

I do not agree that is always to satisfy vanity. Breast surgery in particular whether enhancement or reduction seems to receive a lot of negativity but in many cases the surgery is not undertaken for vanity but for deep rooted physcological or physical reasons.
I had a girlfriend many years ago that suffered severely from teasing and later on in years by a husband regarding her "flat chest" it had a very negative impact on her pyhscologically, to the degree that it became very difficult for her to open up into a physical relationship. She has breast augmentation and it drastically improved her self confidence and she moved on to a better lifestyle. Then there is breast reduction, often needed for relief of severe back problems.
Yes their is the argument that women should be happy with what God gave them, but it could also be argued that God gave man the knowledge to perform this surgery too.....live at let live, if cosmetic surgery does it for some people, let it be, it is their choice and they have to live with it.....and if makes their stay on what is becoming a pretty miserable planet, a little happier why deny them it.

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by spam
I do not agree that is always to satisfy vanity. Breast surgery in particular whether enhancement or reduction seems to receive a lot of negativity but in many cases the surgery is not undertaken for vanity but for deep rooted physcological or physical reasons.
I had a girlfriend many years ago that suffered severely from teasing and later on in years by a husband regarding her "flat chest" it had a very negative impact on her pyhscologically, to the degree that it became very difficult for her to open up into a physical relationship. She has breast augmentation and it drastically improved her self confidence and she moved on to a better lifestyle. Then there is breast reduction, often needed for relief of severe back problems.
Yes their is the argument that women should be happy with what God gave them, but it could also be argued that God gave man the knowledge to perform this surgery too.....live at let live, if cosmetic surgery does it for some people, let it be, it is their choice and they have to live with it.....and if makes their stay on what is becoming a pretty miserable planet, a little happier why deny them it.

it was my choice and yes i am happier than ever......Smile

no trauma or deep rooted psychological probs....Smile the problem i had i could not find clothes to fit me properly.....
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
it was my choice and yes i am happier than ever......Smile

no trauma or deep rooted psychological probs....Smile

I was not inferring that everybody that undertakes surgery has those problems, I would agree that a lot of it gets done for vanity, but for others for physical, physcological reasons or because it just makes them feel better about themselves is the logic behind it.. What ever the reason, we are all adults and the decision to do or not to do is up to the individual...who is anybody else to condemn.

Icecub

I was not inferring that everybody that undertakes surgery has those problems, I would agree that a lot of it gets done for vanity, but for others for physical, physcological reasons or because it just makes them feel better about themselves is the logic behind it.. What ever the reason, we are all adults and the decision to do or not to do is up to the individual...who is anybody else to condemn.

exactomundo...

I was not condemning anybody.....

I suppose its difficult for me to understand the "reasons" behind this kind of surgery since I never have had any problems with mine (thank the Goddess).

My point was more towards the women who have it done because they reckon it might improve their public image (Pammi Andersen, and other Baywatch types) the steriotypical American Bombshell...these are the people I was referring to, cause I dare say that 90 percent of the women over there who have it done are specifically for those reasons....and that I do not support.

A breast reduction on the other hand is different. Wink

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Ameniatha

A breast reduction on the other hand is different. Wink

:thumbs: and i would tell anybody who has problems with big ones to have the reduction...it has changed my life.....Smile

i am so happy to be able to walk into a pub or anywhere in public and the men do not zero in on my breasts....i never dressed provocatively for that to happen...it just did....and even if i am a wallflower now..i am damn happy...Smile Smile
Pages: 1 2 3