South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Week 38's Trivial Pursuit
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
What do Australians call the apelike creature resembling Big Foot that's been spotted in New South Wales and Queensland?
George W?

Gordon B?
Big Grin
Bruce? :cheeky:
Jangar Wrote:What do Australians call the apelike creature resembling Big Foot that's been spotted in New South Wales and Queensland?

The Australian Yowie Confusedurfing:
Hagar Wrote:The Australian Yowie Confusedurfing:

:thumbs:

Initially it was called Yahoo, after the race of brutes in Jonathan Swift's Gulliver's Travels

What was the first medical product marketed using recombinant DNA biotechnology?
:mrg: Insulin
dudette Wrote::mrg: Insulin

Close enough for a :thumbs:

Humulin - a genetically engineered insulin that is identical in chemical stucture to human insulin. It was intoduced in 1982.

In rodeo competition, what is pulling leather?
Holding onto the saddle horn to stop being thrown off when a horse is bucking

Or in other words holding on for dear life. :crylol:

it's only 8 seconds

See I watch the PBR (ok so thats bulls and not horses but its close.....) Big Grin
To be disqualified:

Pulling leather - A term used when a saddle bronc rider touches any part of the saddle with their free hand during the eight-second ride. This is also known as "grabbing the apple" and causes the rider to be disqualified.

And thank you to Mr G for that.
:mmm:

This is the answer I have:

When a bronco rider grabs onto the saddle to keep from getting thrown during the eight second ride. Competitors are allowed to have one hand on the reins. They're disqualified if they touch the saddle, themselves, or the horse with their free hand.

So based on that answer I'm going to give the :thumbs: to Gwasi though I am not a happy chappy about :mrg: being wrong....

:edit:

Have just reread the answer and I should Blush (I didn't see / read the word reins :duh: )

Sorry Hagar and :mrg:

I know it's very late to ask the daily question now so instead I am going to ask Sunday's question now, the ones I missed this week will be incorporated into the catch up thread, also I doubt I'll have time to ask a question tomorrow morning.

There were 856 toggle switches on the shuttle Discovery when veteran astronaut John Glenn returned to space in 1998. How many toggle switches were on Friendship 7 when he orbited Earth in 1962?