South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: A Child Called It .... Dave Pelzer
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
An autobiography about a man who came from nothing who now has everything ....................... this is a book that makes you have emotions of saddness, happiness, understanding and realise that your life aint too bad.

I went Wow

This is his first attempt at writing and he did a really good job.

Basically he came from nowere met and fell in love with a woman who didnt know his past and he (as so many men do) coudnt talk, explain, discuss (whatever you wanna call it) his fears, emotions at a time when it was imperative that he did so instead he wrote a book and for me it opened a whole flood gate of emotions that made me think.

Angelbabe, i merged these together.

Modone

Icecub

Is this the same guy who suffered child abuse from his Mother???? If so....yes read it and i think it well worth a read.....he has made good of himself and his family....Smile
No I think that was Dave Pelzer, in A Child Called It etc..
this sounds similar?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Jen
No I think that was Dave Pelzer, in A Child Called It etc..
this sounds similar?

i have read Dave Pelzer's one as well.....there is another one out of a British author who underwent the same trauma and i think it could be the above author..Smile

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASIN...07-6051814

have a look here...it is the same guy...
I have just finished reading the first book of the trilogy .... A child Called It by Dave Pelzer... . For those who dont know, it is the first book in a trilogy, the 2nd book is called The Lost Boy and the 3rd is called A Man Called Dave.

I have not read such a moving book in ages and I :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry: through most of the book. I just cannot believe how a mother can be so very evil !!!

Here is a review of the first book:

A Child Called "It" is the unforgettable story of a child whose courage and unyielding determination enabled him to survive extreme life-threatening odds.

As a child, Dave was brutally beaten and starved by his emotionally unstable, alcoholic mother: a mother who played tortuous games--games that left him Dave nearly dead. With only his willpower to survive, Dave learned how to play his Mother's sinister games in order to survive because she no longer considered Dave a son but a slave, and no longer a boy but an "It."

Although A Child Called "It" contains situations of mistreatment Dave suffered, it is a real life story of the indomitable human spirit. This gripping account is told through the eyes of a child--who will pay any price in order to succeed.