South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: New Forest Mushrooms
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok apart from the obvious. Where exactly in the New Forest can you find these well known mushrooms. Any contacts?
Quote:Originally posted by lols
Ok apart from the obvious. Where exactly in the New Forest can you find these well known mushrooms. Any contacts?

Lols

Without wishing to sound pedantic and after a few calls to suppliers, what mushrooms are you after exactly?

Can you provide the Latin name for them too?

The more info, the better Smile
Quote:Originally posted by Cheffie
Lols

Without wishing to sound pedantic and after a few calls to suppliers, what mushrooms are you after exactly?

Can you provide the Latin name for them too?

The more info, the better Smile

Your are definetly not being pedantic. To be honest I am not sure what I want. (yip I'm being serious) For a while I have heard various people talking about these brillant mushrooms that are grown wild/farmed in the New Forest. Being about 10 minutes from the Forest and never actually seen them I am curious.

The most recent time it was mentioned was by Rick Stein on his Food Heros series which is been shown on the telly at the moment.

I have done various internet searches, looked at different "foodie sites" etc and nothing. So I thought I would ask the experts
you sure that they not talking about magic mushrooms? Smile
Quote:Originally posted by lols
Your are definetly not being pedantic. To be honest I am not sure what I want. (yip I'm being serious) For a while I have heard various people talking about these brillant mushrooms that are grown wild/farmed in the New Forest. Being about 10 minutes from the Forest and never actually seen them I am curious.

The most recent time it was mentioned was by Rick Stein on his Food Heros series which is been shown on the telly at the moment.

I have done various internet searches, looked at different "foodie sites" etc and nothing. So I thought I would ask the experts

Lols

Using the old fashioned Rolleyes method of telephone...
Check out the following link for vegetable nd fruit suppliers in your area. Give them a call and speak to the person concerned regarding your search.

Alternatively you can call up your local 'good' restaurant and speak with the Chef and ask him for further pointers

http://www.yell.com/search/DoSearch?stat...Submit.y=0
Quote:Originally posted by sterretjie
you sure that they not talking about magic mushrooms? Smile

Most times I wonder but in this case I am sure.
hope you find the info that you need lols and that they taste great.
Try paging through Rick's approp[riate book in your local library, or in your local WHS. He usually has most of the details about the ingredients from his shows in his books.