South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Bread...
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Icecub

Everytime i seem to eat bread...my tummy gives me endless problems.....i bloat up and my tummy gets sore.....okay i have IBS...but is bread actually irritating it??? i would hate to give up my bread but if the bread is making my tummy feel worse...i guess i will have to....Sad and it does not matter what bread i eat...i still feel sore.....

Does anybody else have this problem???
I have heard of this before. I don't suffer from it but perhaps its something to do with the yeast or gluten or flour. I had a friend years ago who could only eat rye bread.
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
Everytime i seem to eat bread...my tummy gives me endless problems.....i bloat up and my tummy gets sore.....okay i have IBS...but is bread actually irritating it??? i would hate to give up my bread but if the bread is making my tummy feel worse...i guess i will have to....Sad and it does not matter what bread i eat...i still feel sore.....

Does anybody else have this problem???

Cubbie, do you not have a gluten intolerance?
There are many products available that are gluten free.

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Cubbie, do you not have a gluten intolerance?
There are many products available that are gluten free.

i don't think so Joan....as it is only with bread.....i can eat a scone or a doughnut and be fine.....
Quote:Originally posted by Icecub
i don't think so Joan....as it is only with bread.....i can eat a scone or a doughnut and be fine.....
Yeast intolerance?

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by Joan
Yeast intolerance?

maybe...i have just had a slice of bread so will see in about an hour's time....Wink
My sister in law also bloats when she eats bread. I really think it must be the yeast, as she can eat most other pastries too.....

Tara

Cubbie, I have this problem with bread. I get dreadful heatburn and feel really yucky. The only bread which doesn't do it to me is Hovis - white (believe it or not) which doesn't have any preservatives or additives in it. So if, like me, you enjoy a lekker sarnie now and then, have a bash at Hovis.
It could be yeast intolerance or maybe even wheat intolerance...

I found these links which might help:

Go here for Wheat ->

Go here for Yeast ->
Cubbie I think the great factor in this is the IBS, I also get bloated and have problems when I eat bread. I only eat malted wholewheat bread now and that seems to have eased things a lot.

There are certain foods with IBS that we are told to stay away from, white bread, dairy, caffeine & spicy food cause the biggest problems.