South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Moving on
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So the family and I have finally taken the plunge and bought a house here in Switzerland, wow if I could convert what we paid for it into Rands ...dream on. Just kidding.

For us personally, I guess the act of buying a house in a foreign country was almost like cutting the umbilical cord. I know this may seem strange but after renting (or being pregnant) for about 6 years it just felt like a new life was about to start.

Although many locals congratulated us on our courage to undertake such a financial commitment, this was not upper most in our minds, more so the fact that we were finally breaking with the past and the notion that we would someday (sooner than later) return to SA.

Having now finally taken transfer and settled in, this last weekend felt so good having a view onto the alps, enough space for all of us to pursue our hobbies and generally enjoy each others company.

More importantly the kids have all settled into their new school without to much difficulty.

Once again a homeowner and this time it is for keeps!! (I hope)
Congrats Bro

it certainly is a new beginning and also the laying of roots

may you have many many years of happiness

I'm still standing

:jive:
Great stuff Bro :thumbs:

Is it a 'chocolate box' house with a ski slope near by?
Big Grin
Congrats on taking the plunge

All of the very best. :thumbs:
Congratulations Bro and family!

:daisy:
Cheffie Wrote:Great stuff Bro :thumbs:

Big Grin

I'm sure they also have an Inga there and a dog with a brandy barrel :woof:

Smile
bro Wrote:For us personally, I guess the act of buying a house in a foreign country was almost like cutting the umbilical cord. I know this may seem strange but after renting (or being pregnant) for about 6 years it just felt like a new life was about to start.

Although many locals congratulated us on our courage to undertake such a financial commitment, this was not upper most in our minds, more so the fact that we were finally breaking with the past and the notion that we would someday (sooner than later) return to SA.

Having now finally taken transfer and settled in, this last weekend felt so good having a view onto the alps, enough space for all of us to pursue our hobbies and generally enjoy each others company.

More importantly the kids have all settled into their new school without to much difficulty.

Once again a homeowner and this time it is for keeps!! (I hope)
Congratulations!
Where are you : which canton/city ?
Best of Luck , with your new home ,
R.
go for it my broer!

I'm sure things will work out lekker for you.

Congratulations :luck:
TheDuck Wrote:Congrats Bro

it certainly is a new beginning and also the laying of roots

may you have many many years of happiness

I'm still standing

:jive:

oi! Mr Duck, me thins your memory is harking back to younger days in an old combi with a naked duck hanging on....
Cheffie Wrote:Great stuff Bro :thumbs:

Big Grin

LOL close on the box but it is not made of chocolate. Will try to download a pic for you. Ski slope not that far away but then it Switzerland distances are relatively short. 30 - 40 minutes to a good slope.