South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Lunchtime snacks
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
What healthy snacks do you put in your children's lunchboxes?

Here's what I've used, but I'm running out of ideas...

sliced cheese
fruit sticks
carrot sticks
clementines
raisins
grapes...

help!!

:eek:
my son gets the following with occassionally:

Raisins
Fruit (usually apple, pear, banana or orange)
A muesli bar
Cucumber sticks
Carrots
Cocktail tomatoes
Juice (either apple or orange)
hehehehe whats wrong with good old peanut butter sandwiches :p
My mom doesn't make me anything for lunch anymore....:bigcry: :bigcry: :bigcry:

Jemlet

Quote:Originally posted by Mark
hehehehe whats wrong with good old peanut butter sandwiches :p

Shock horror haven't you heard of the dangers of peanut butter to poor people with a nut allergy? Most schools consequently ban peanut butter sandwiches. Big Grin

Icecub

Quote:Originally posted by dudette
What healthy snacks do you put in your children's lunchboxes?

Here's what I've used, but I'm running out of ideas...

sliced cheese
fruit sticks
carrot sticks
clementines
raisins
grapes...

help!!

:eek:

gee u lucky..i wish my child would eat that at all...Sad
Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Shock horror haven't you heard of the dangers of peanut butter to poor people with a nut allergy? Most schools consequently ban peanut butter sandwiches. Big Grin

Must be a new thing, dont remember anyone with peanut allergy's when i was at school, but then it was a long time ago Rolleyes

Icecub

Must be a new thing, dont remember anyone with peanut allergy's when i was at school, but then it was a long time ago Rolleyes

ja i know Mark.....it is more and more lately that alot of kids and even adults have nut allergies, i do not recall any myself....but then like u rolling your eyes it was such along time ago for u hey??? :haha: :haha:

Jemlet

Mark don't worry I fully aggree with you but I have been reprimanded so often that I now know no peanut butter sarmies Smile

Actually lunch boxes are state of the art quisine here if you just had sandwiches in your lunchbox, as we did as kids, you would have everybody thinking you poor or something Wink

whirlpool

Quote:Originally posted by Jemlet
Mark don't worry I fully aggree with you but I have been reprimanded so often that I now know no peanut butter sarmies Smile

Actually lunch boxes are state of the art quisine here if you just had sandwiches in your lunchbox, as we did as kids, you would have everybody thinking you poor or something Wink

it a UK thingy..
i remember giving peanut butter to my kid at 9 months, father is a crazy wanted to watch him suffer with the tongue stuck to the roof of his mouth; that was SA, then i did the same for my second son and the world came tumbling down, wife had a fit etc; that was the UK.
anyway all my kids are nut free!!
as for lunch boxes it forms an arguement in our house, i say what is wrong with sarmies... OH no! have to have a whole lot of different things in like frozen yoghurt sticks and then half the stuff comes home anyway, and in this heat it has to be thrown away
aaaargghh helpme helpme............:confused:
Pages: 1 2 3