South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: James Patterson's 3rd Degree
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So what did you think ?
I have just got the book and will start it tonight. I hope it as good as the other two in this series!! :thumbs:
I finished that the other day, and it was ok. I am a massive Patterson fan - I have all but 2 or 3 of his books (makes about 20 odd) but this one was basically mediocre. Maybe I am too used to his style, but it really did nothing for me. OK, so I had to sit down and finish it in almost one sitting, but I did not get the same excitement as with some of his others....

I think killing off one of the women was horrible, as the series is about the 4 of them soving these murders....
l
Stylistically, it was good. But I was quite disappointed with the story, as I felt he rushed through it....

Anyway, I hope it does not put any of you off it, as it was a good book, just not his best. For me, my best Patterson books are The Jester, Kiss the Girls, Cradle and All, When the Wind Blows, and Suzanne's Diary for Nicholas.

Let me know when you have read it!
Just out of interest first of all James Patterson's book has been on the New York bestselling list for 4 weeks now as no 2 - very good place to be on !

I must admit I did enjoy it, perhaps it is because I have not read a thriller in almost a year, have been reading drama's and family saga type books with the odd "unusual" type of book every so often. I do think is that at various times it is a little bit far fetched almost like a Hollywood movie from about the middle of the book. I still found it to be exciting and perhaps it was rushed - nevertheless it has hooked me into reading thrillers again !

I will try his other books as I have seen some of the movies and they were excellent.

One Q is would a pathologist be allowed to do an autopsy on a friend ?
Quote:Originally posted by nikkinaz
One Q is would a pathologist be allowed to do an autopsy on a friend ?

I am not sure....I would have thought that from an objective viewpoint that police/doctors are not supposed to "deal" with friends and family when they are involved in a crime.....

Am really chuffed you liked the book!
I hope some other folks out there who seem to be reading it too will give us there comments !

How about a rating system out of 10 or 5 for a book. This one although I enjoyed it very much. I would give it about 5/10 .... as it is good but it has got it's flaws.

Still recommended reading! Big Grin
I hope some other folks out there who seem to be reading it too will give us there comments !

How about a rating system out of 10 or 5 for a book. This one although I enjoyed it very much. I would give it about 5/10 .... as it is good but it has got it's flaws.

Still recommended reading! Big Grin

I think a 5 is good!
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I think a 5 is good!

For sure ! He gets one gripped and the book is enjoyable - but it lacks in the other areas that is why the okkie did not get a 7/8 from me Smile
For sure ! He gets one gripped and the book is enjoyable - but it lacks in the other areas that is why the okkie did not get a 7/8 from me Smile

I know MANY of his books that would get at least an 8 or even 9.

Not that I have read any books that merit a 10....so maybe he should get a 9 or a 10 (I'm probably still waiting for that elusive book that will blow me away!)
Quote:Originally posted by Pam M
I know MANY of his books that would get at least an 8 or even 9.

Not that I have read any books that merit a 10....so maybe he should get a 9 or a 10 (I'm probably still waiting for that elusive book that will blow me away!)

Cool gimme two 8/9 titles I can look for .... save some for later ! Smile
Pages: 1 2