South Africa Info Forums

Full Version: Six Nations upsets??
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It was an absolute treat to watch the Ireland England game on Saturday!!!

Such passion in the Irish stadium, and the Irish team rose to the occaision making the English team look like rank amateurs.

It is not that I am against the English team... On the contrary, Having been born in England, they are one of the teams that I do support.

It was nice to see the teams clapping each other off the field at the end of the match!! You dont seem to see much of that any more do you?

It was nice NOt to hear the spectators booing the opposing team when it came to taking penalty kicks (in the minority, unlike some matches in Australia that I have watched lately!!)

Nice to see a rising Italian team, although in all fairness the luck did go with them in the beginning.

Lastly the Welsh side, played with pride and passion, but the French flair made one of its appearances, and the French ran out as deserving winners.

I really enjoyed my weekends rugby!!

How did you see the weekends matches?
Hear hear Boet, I could not have summed it up better with one exception.

I hold an Irish passport :tonguepop:

Now as I have stated before I support two sides, the Springboks and anybody playing Australia with no exceptions.

Then in Europe, it is any of the Celtic teams and anybody playing England, but here there could be exceptions to the rule. Like the last World Cup, it was England against Australia, and now in 6 nations. It is again going to be England vs France. As then Ireland could win the 6 nations on point advantage (I hope) Wink
with you on that one Hagar but then I don't mind the Aussies Big Grin

I thinks the Kiwis will win the WC this time round

but then they seem to fall apart on the big occasion
I haven't watched back-to-back international rugby games in absolute years..

This Saturday was the exception! And what brilliant rugby.

Thoroughly enjoyed watching the Italians in their manic first 10minutes. Opportunistic, perhaps - but the scoreline was well deserved.

The England game - I was surprised that they walked [SIZE="1"]as opposed to run[/SIZE] onto the field. Maybe it was a 'soft' PC way thing of doing it.. and Ireland ran onto the field.
O Driscoll is the playmaker. Simply awesome..

The Welsh had me going for a bit.. and then the French flair came through.

Really entertaining day/night of rugby :thumbs:

My money is on Ireland to win the 6 nations. France is good - Ireland is better.
sadly France have already beaten Ireland

and so we need England to beat the French
TheDuck Wrote:sadly France have already beaten Ireland

and so we need England to beat the French

Uh Oh, not on the latest form!!:bigcry: